I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

8 hours ago, philipus said:

Flickr
80/1.8 pre-AI Portra 400 X1

Very intriguing play of five different planes, not counting the reflection image, to give a play of depth.

• Thanks 1

Norman-Swabian Castle of Bari, built by the Normans around 1000 years ago, when they used to come to Puglia for our amazing beaches. 

Leica M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5@1600

20190716-DSC03231 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

Summer colours

MP Summicron 50 Ektachrome in Tetenol

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Wayne said:

I love photos such as this, taking the ordinary and illustrating how special and unique it is. A real dissertation on living in the NOW.

Best,

Wayne

Thank you!  I really just loved all the lines and angles of this place. 

On 7/21/2019 at 6:06 AM, AntonioF said:

Limestone

Mamiya 645, Sekor 80/2.8, Kodak Ektar 100

20190713-DSC03182 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

wow, what a great set of colors - and that sky!!

On 7/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, Keith (M) said:

Somewhere to relax...  Cottages on the National Trust's Brownsea Island.  M7, 35mm Summaron f2.8, Portra 400.

Stunning color palette, Keith.  Really really great

On 7/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, jcraf said:

Punts on the Cam.

Nikon F2AS, 50mm f1.8 Ai, Tri-X

Love the composition here, John.  And a very lovely scene in general.

4 hours ago, oldwino said:

Church.

Leica IIIc / Konishiroku Hexanon 50/1.9 / Kentmere 400 / Xtol

Amazing shapes and lines - bravo!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hacienda
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion & Rollei Redbird

• Like 8

1 hour ago, A miller said:

Sorry for the absence over the part couple of weeks.  I am here in Israel and have been quite busy.  Work, shooting, eating....and a new bit of fun that I have taken up as the new editor of the "Friendsinstreets" feature account on Instagram, in which I have the joy of choosing and posting three street photographs per day from Monday through Friday. 

www.instagram.com/friendsinstreets

I had the pleasure of featuring a mini-series of our own 16pads (Patrick) this week, and it went over very well!

In any case, so much great photography raging through these pages - a true pleasure to keep up with!

Here's one from a bright sunny summer day in New York City

M3, 50mm DR cron, Provia 100F

You know it is HOT when grandma has her stockings down.

Great shot

• Haha 7

Soon One
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion & E100

• Like 10

One Last One
M-A Macro-Elmar-M ADOX Color Implosion

The un-photograph.

• Like 13

On 7/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, Tmx said:

Dedicated to Ernest

Funny story behind this photo. I realized that the second film roll on the new purchase Yashica FX-D/ 50mm  was not properly loaded into the camera. The film was not correct advanced so after a few captures I decided to reload the film into another camera body with other focal length: Olympus OM-2 / 28mm. I like some of the pictures taken this way especially this one.

Acros 100 @ 80ASA, Moersch Eco

Well, this is the only way to take double exposures with the M!  Run through an entire roll, then rewind it to run it through again.  If only Leica would have allowed a way too take multiple exposures on the same frame without advancing the film, like my old Nikon F2.  Thanks so much for your idea. Bravo.  Bravo. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, philipus said:

Flickr
80 Planar+16E+32E Portra 400VC (EI100, expired) X1

Deservedly this photo is in the 'Favourite Images" for its dynamism and tender beauty. It is a photo which deserves to be printed, framed and hung in a prominent place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Charles. 

15 minutes ago, Bateleur said:

Deservedly this photo is in the 'Favourite Images" for its dynamism and tender beauty. It is a photo which deserves to be printed, framed and hung in a prominent place.

• Like 1

The mysterious bird woman.

Nikon F6, Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2, XP2s

• Like 19

Thanks James. It is really quite a coincidence, when I saw your photo my first thought was that it has to be Münster. I may have shot that same underpass in 2012 but didn't manage to catch that glorious golden light that you so nicely shot. What do you think, is it the same one? I didn't realise it's the biking capital of Germany but I can definitely believe it. On the roll I shot that afternoon there are people cycling or walking with bikes on probably half of the frames :)

35/1.4 FLE Superia 200 Coolscan V

Flickr

Flickr
21 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Thanks for your feedback! The picture was made in Münster / Germany and I remember shooting this scene very well, as I waited some minutes for the right moment. I had seen my own long shadow when I approached this underpass and wanted to capture a biker with ist long shadow in this golden light. Münster is the capital of biking in Germany, every resident statistically owns at least 3 bikes, but in the moment I needed only one biker, it took almost five minutes since the pictured biker appeared. I'm thankful for the outcome, though - it is exactly representing the scene how I envisioned it beforehand.

Edited by philipus
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Haha excellent shot. Pete looks every bit as distinguished as he is. And I like how you've caught at least two repetitive patterns, the shadow of the hat and the post's shadow on his legs, and the white and black on the hat and similar pattern on the three posts in the background. Terrifically spotted! Out of curiosity was the XP2 developed in C41 or HC110?

16 hours ago, jcraf said:

Forum member Farnz undertakes the practical phase of his 'Fedoraman' course, London.

Nikon F6, Nikkor 35 f2 AFD, XP2s

Haha what a classic heatwave picture. That's a very cool instagram account, congratulations. There's some very good photography there.

12 hours ago, A miller said:

Sorry for the absence over the part couple of weeks.  I am here in Israel and have been quite busy.  Work, shooting, eating....and a new bit of fun that I have taken up as the new editor of the "Friendsinstreets" feature account on Instagram, in which I have the joy of choosing and posting three street photographs per day from Monday through Friday. 

www.instagram.com/friendsinstreets

I had the pleasure of featuring a mini-series of our own 16pads (Patrick) this week, and it went over very well!

In any case, so much great photography raging through these pages - a true pleasure to keep up with!

Here's one from a bright sunny summer day in New York City

M3, 50mm DR cron, Provia 100F

Very intriguing Rog. I like it a lot. Is the stairway to hell viewed horizontally? But saying that shows how influenced I am by my own culture, because why would the image be read left to right?

10 hours ago, Ernest said:

Soon One
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion & E100

• Like 1