I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

50 minutes ago, Kl@usW. said:

Capri may be the epitome of a touristic cliché--I love it anyway and if you don't  try to be something else than just a tourist it´s a pleasant place. And on a hot day, just recline and enjoy the vista, the smell, the sound--it´s like a real time Fellini movie. 

M 7, SLX 35, Portra 160 @100 

Nino Rota on the soundtrack and, oh my, I am so hooked, Marcello. The shade, the sun, the water, the air—Asa Nisi Masa—the scrumptious play of colors in rust red and cerulean blue, but this ticket would play as well in Gianni Di Venanzo’s black-and-white cinematography. Where are you, Guido? I expect this tableau to animate into the present tense at any moment. Excuse me, while a run the reel.

• Like 3

Post It III Series
M-A Summilux-M 50 BC  ADOX Color Implosion & Rollei Redbird & E100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Autumn Leaves - Bright, Victoria, Australia

Leica M6, 35mm Summilux FLE, Fujifilm Superia 400.

Regards,

Ramesh

• Like 17

Olympus XA2 - Tri-X D76 (1+1) 10 mins

Olympus (11) by Bluesky Overaquatic, on Flickr

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Olympus XA2 - Tri-X D76 (1+1) 10 mins

Olympus (14) by Bluesky Overaquatic, on Flickr

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Ale and Pies. Smithfield, London.

Nikon F6, Nikkor 35f2 AFD, XP2s

• Like 13

This has had me going back a few times over the past two days Pritam, it's incredible how (and I loathe the word really) 3D it looks. Life-like is better, I suppose. Truly delightful. Where was it shot?

13 hours ago, Suede said:

Window light.  [Agfa Vista 400]

Sneaky sneaky! And incredibly illegal from a humanitarian law perspective, but hey if one defeats the enemy who's going to complain?

11 hours ago, chrism said:

An artillery observation post built to look like a church. Sneaky!

Fort Petrie by chrism229, on Flickr

Ah interesting. Actually so much more interesting than it if had been the same underpass because it seems to suggest that there is a Münsterish visual language of sorts, at least when it comes to underpasses. How fascinating! 

11 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

After looking at the following exposure I have to let you know, that you pictured another location:

Ricoh GR1 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

What an excellent idea for a photo series, Sharif. Well executed. It's a mini movie in two stills.

10 hours ago, Sharif said:

Stalking

M2, VC Nokton 1.4/35, Trix 400@1600 in Ilford Ilfotec LC29, Scan with Plustek Opticfilm 7600 and Vuescan

Sharif

The colour on this photo is really quite something. It reminds me of an old Kodachrome shot somehow. Time to load up Portra 160 at EI100!

10 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Capri may be the epitome of a touristic cliché--I love it anyway and if you don't  try to be something else than just a tourist it´s a pleasant place. And on a hot day, just recline and enjoy the vista, the smell, the sound--it´s like a real time Fellini movie. 

M 7, SLX 35, Portra 160 @100 

Whichever lens it was what you've got here is a story, or at least a frame of a story, and not just a pretty lady. Nothing wrong with the latter of course, and I enjoy that as much as the next chap, but when more is offered well then there's just more. Sterling stuff.

9 hours ago, benqui said:

M6, Tmax 400 and 50mm (I think it was the APO, not sure)

• Thanks 3

Gnarly tree - Saxon Switzerland at the Bastei: 

Mamiya 645 1000s - Sekor-C 80 - Old Ektachrome

• Like 13

I forgot to mention this one earlier. I really like it. I've also dabbled in film "astrophotography" and know how tricky it is to get anything useful. I actually prefer this framing rather than having Polaris as the centre of the wheel. Framed this way, the image takes on an abstract quality it would otherwise lack and lends itself to other and perhaps more interesting interpretations. Just my thoughts of course, dehydrated after a run, but there you have it. You've inspired me to shoot more in the darkness so thanks for that too.

16 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

This rather experimental shot was done in Croatia. As you can see it is quite difficult to frame with a totally black view finder. I tried to have Polaris in frame but this simply didn't work out. I exposed for about 1 hour and when I came back to the camera I had to see that the front lens was fogged and I was really curious, if there would be something on the emulsion. The picture was post processed in Lightroom to show a more or less black sky. The scan came out with a rather brownish background:

From the same roll as above

Haha yes indeed, if looks could kill and all that.

3 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Nice. Into the light ... and definately a case of “the stare”

Yes! But what IS it? Whatever it is - a photonic sea star, the decay of a radio isotope or just a flash of Tony Manero on the floor, oh and that ominous strange construction below I have no idea at all - it's great.

1 hour ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Tri-X EI400, Olympus Pen FT, 90mm f/2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rivet 7
M-A Thambar-M & Summilux-M 50 BC  ADOX Color Implosion & Rollei Redbird

• Like 15