280/4 Apo Telyt R

dkCambridgeshire

Ah-yes, but on the DMR/R8-9 you have your automatic aperture and will be focussing wide open - with a considerably better and brighter viewfinder.

Auto aperture does not play here Jaap. F/8 is the widest aperture for a f/4 lens with a 2x expander. I'm quite sure the DMR/R8-9 has a brighter VF than the 5D1 but the latter is full frame and focusing at f/8 with my R4s is not easy either.

Auto aperture does not play here Jaap. F/8 is the widest aperture for a f/4 lens with a 2x expander. I'm quite sure the DMR/R8-9 has a brighter VF than the 5D1 but the latter is full frame and focusing at f/8 with my R4s is not easy either.

Thanks everyone - indeed f/8 is the smallest aperture here and not to mentioned I am doing stop-down metering on an alternative body. The combo is only useful on static objects and I don't think I can shoot fast and get enough IQ. (since one had to stop down 1~2 stop for 2X)