Name this car....

Ron, given that I completed the Jensen answer :o... can you tell me which car John Lennon had ? Deauville or Fidia ? I'm SURE it's one of the two... but don't remember which one... :confused:

Luigi, you gave 50% of the answer, but in case of a Jensen, well. What shall we do?

After Jensen had been mentioned, "Interceptor" should be an "automatic" reply;)

Forgive me, but personally I´d rate mentioning "Jensen" higher in this case (if you had mention "Interceptor" before the "Jensen" answer, I´d give you the point because that automatically would mean "Jensen"!)

According to John Lennon and his cars, well. To be honest, I have no idea. He had SO MANY different cars, some say even a Grifo.

Luigi, you gave 50% of the answer, but in case of a Jensen, well. What shall we do?

After Jensen had been mentioned, "Interceptor" should be an "automatic" reply;)

Forgive me, but personally I´d rate mentioning "Jensen" higher in this case (if you had mention "Interceptor" before the "Jensen" answer, I´d give you the point because that automatically would mean "Jensen"!)

According to John Lennon and his cars, well. To be honest, I have no idea. He had SO MANY different cars, some say even a Grifo.

Oh well, I didn't explain well... I had not any will to be the next in turn... :o I was concentrated on Italian models... and when saw Jensen quoted thought "damn !! I feel IS right !" ... but it was DL4guy, not me... :p

(In the meantime, I got Lennon's car... a Fidia : My Car Quest: The World's Four Fastest Seats Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)

Thank You.. Try this..Good Luck:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lykaman

Thanks, Luigi. Now I understand ;) Maybe it was confusing to bring the "italian thing" into the Jensen riddle, but it was a "fact" I couldn´t ignore and it was fun too :D

About John Lennon and cars: He switched from one flower to another like others change their underwear, maybe even faster in the 70´s :)

As long as the rock and pop stars kept the vehicles save on the road it was good for the marketing (also photos of personal meetings helped, like shown in your link),

but when they died in the cars, it was a little marketing nightmare (Dean/Porsche 550, Marc Bolan/Mini Cooper, Gracia Patricia/Rover, Lady Di/MB S-Class etc. etc.)

Thanks, Luigi. Now I understand ;) Maybe it was confusing to bring the "italian thing" into the Jensen riddle, but it was a "fact" I couldn´t ignore and it was fun too :D

About John Lennon and cars: He switched from one flower to another like others change their underwear, maybe even faster in the 70´s :)

As long as the rock and pop stars kept the vehicles save on the road it was good for the marketing (also photos of personal meetings helped, like shown in your link),

but when they died in the cars, it was a little marketing nightmare (Dean/Porsche 550, Marc Bolan/Mini Cooper, Gracia Patricia/Rover, Lady Di/MB S-Class etc. etc.)

The Jensen I think was an Italian designed car....:cool:

Rona|d -

The Jensen used a Chrysler engine, and the Iso Grifo used a Chevy engine (Corvette to be precise). If I recall, the Jensen used the Chrysler automatic transmission, though I don’t recall if the "gear" selection was via pushbuttons on the steering wheel as on the all-Chrysler cars.

Rona|d -

The Jensen used a Chrysler engine, and the Iso Grifo used a Chevy engine (Corvette to be precise). If I recall, the Jensen used the Chrysler automatic transmission, though I don’t recall if the "gear" selection was via pushbuttons on the steering wheel as on the all-Chrysler cars.

Stu,

Iso used Corvette engines but in 1971 they switched to Ford.

Jensen had Chrysler engines and Torqueflite automatic gear.

Gear selection was a standard stick in the middle as far I can recall.

Some Interceptors were ordered with manual gearbox by the customers!

R.

Then this could well be a Lanchester 10 from 1934/35.

Correct (Some Lanchesters had a PreSelect Gearbox)

BINGO, this is another free lap for everyone who wants to jump in with one of his car riddle shots and does it as the first one after this posting.

btw. the brand name "Lanchester" now belongs to Tata, will they ever awake it with a kiss? ;)

Okay, I'll jump in. This is rather specialized. The marque is fine, but extra points for model and for racing series.