Name this car....

Try this one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Marque, model and year please.

dunk

That's a very pretty Morgan.

I hear that Morgan four wheelers are now available in the US again ... http://www.morgancars-usa.com

It's been years since they were last importable. 

I am sure the new alloy chassis ones would walk the crash tests, whereas I doubt if the old crude steel channel chassis ones would. My brother has a new alloy chassis Plus 8 due for delivery soon. Maybe the three wheeler can also be imported if as in Europe, it falls under trike or quad bike legislation and does not need to pass crash tests. I have just ordered a Garage 56 stage one kit for my early (2012) three wheeler, which comprises new exhaust systems, air intake and programmable ECU. This is mainly to try and cure the severe pinking over 4000 RPM, which is apparently caused by excessive exhaust back pressure from the crude baffles in the standard system and over advancing ignition at higher revs, not because I want it to go any faster. As usual with Morgan, the customers have to do the testing and development. 

Wilson

Michael: Not a talbot Lago.

Wilson: Not a Zagato Jaguar XK 140 … and no Jaguar connection. 

dunk

Going to have a second go at this one. The back window on Dunk's shot is too small for the Zagato Jaguar, so my second guess is a Bristol 404. 

PS now I seen your expanded shot, I am even more comfortable with my guess

Edited by wlaidlaw

Wilson,  That's correct … 1954 Bristol 404 - one of the Bristol cars in the 'Guest Class' at last year's RREC Annual Rally at Burghley Park, Stamford. 

Your turn Wilson.

dunk

• Like 1

Note the registration MPH 100D.

Wilson, it's your turn.

dunk

P.S. … another Tony Crook anecdote: When Michael Winner was seen approaching the Bristol Kensington showroom, Tony Crook immediately locked up shop because he did not want him to buy a Bristol car. 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Now who can give the make and model of this over powered monster. It was the Model T Ford of its day and had at least one revolutionary feature that has become standard on every petrol/gasoline car since. 

Wilson

Absolutely correct Dunk. This must have been such an advance, as anyone who has driven a hot tube ignition car knows. These produce so little power, that usually your passenger or passengers have to get out and push on a hill of any significance. Then when you have chugged your way up to the top, the passengers have crawled their exhausted way back on board and you thunder off down the other side of the hill at a heady 15 MPH, the wind of passage blows out the flame on the hot tube and the engine rapidly comes to a halt. Most veteran car drivers have now converted their hot tube burners to bottled butane gas, from the original unreliable and dangerous pressurised petrol blowlamp to try and improve this problem. 

The De Dion Bouton Tricycle was really the first motorised vehicle that could be bought by anyone other than wealthy and often eccentric aristocratic owners. It very rapidly became the world's best selling vehicle from 1897 to the end of production in 1905. When you consider that just one year later, the hugely advanced for the time, Rolls Royce Silver Ghost was announced, it demonstrates the rate of progress for the time. When you compare that with the Porsche 911, announced in 1963 and still recognisably in production 53 years later, it makes you think. 

Your turn. 

Wilson

This pickup truck, once a saloon car and modified by a previous owner, retains its original rear window.

Make and model of the original car please.

Best wishes

dunk

Another clue :

dunk