Leica Camera Milton Keynes - Goodbye!

photina

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo, K-H! Very interesting.

Looks like two different derivations indeed, but the "you all" meaning is much more widespread than I'd ever have expected.

And some of us USAnians have put our stamp on it by applying the term also to the singular. (Though I don't think I'd say that's to our credit. ;) )

Gee, that's great! I had put this question into that pile of intractables (like "what's dark matter?") that I didn't expect to see answered in my lifetime.

Do you suppose there's hope for the Higgs boson? :p

Edited by ho_co

Bravo, K-H! Very interesting.

Looks like two different derivations indeed, but the "you all" meaning is much more widespread than I'd ever have expected.

And some of us USAnians have put our stamp on it by applying the term also to the singular. (Though I don't think I'd say that's to our credit. ;) )

Gee, that's great! I had put this question into that pile of intractables (like "what's dark matter?") that I didn't expect to see answered in my lifetime.

Do you suppose there's hope for the Higgs boson? :p

If not, the folks from the Large Hadron Collider at CERN will be, shall we say, disappointed. :D

K-H.

"Youse" is also a slang Scots word for "you" singular or plural. Generally in a broad "Glasgie" accent. :D

Ditto Belfast - in Northern Ireland, except for accent, which is broad Belfast.

Noel.

I would be sad to see Leica Camera UK go, apart from the service aspect we forget that they operate a very good passport scheme for those that purchase products from an authorised UK dealer.

Jeff

The original post is very likely to be a malicious hoax.

dunk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"Youse" is also a slang Scots word for "you" singular or plural. Generally in a broad "Glasgie" accent. :D

As I live in Glasgow I can confirm the above.

I have also picked up an American phrase from one of the American TV shows which sums up the basis of this OP.

"a crock of sh*t"

I have been to Leica MK several times for courses etc and the people there are first class.

Last week I was on the phone to a lady in their sales department and she helped me with some information relating to the delivery of my M9 which arrived yesterday morning after waiting 6 months for delivery.

She also tried to help me with the order of my 50mm Summilux Asph which has also been on order for 6 months.

The M9 was delivered with the excellent benefit obtained in buying an official UK imported product through MK the "Leica passport"

Heads up! Leica Germany are pulling the plug on Milton Keynes very shortly. A Dealer source of mine says that the staff are under the impression that they are moving but in fact the offices are closing for good (poor beggers!) All sales will have to go through the Leica London showrooms. Camera and binocular repairs will all have to go back to Germany. What about the dealers? I spoke to 2 today and they are not happy.So what do you all think about that?

What do I think about that.? It's bollocks. Now prove that I'm wrong.

As I live in Glasgow I can confirm the above.

I have also picked up an American phrase from one of the American TV shows which sums up the basis of this OP.

"a crock of sh*t"

I have been to Leica MK several times for courses etc and the people there are first class.

Last week I was on the phone to a lady in their sales department and she helped me with some information relating to the delivery of my M9 which arrived yesterday morning after waiting 6 months for delivery.

She also tried to help me with the order of my 50mm Summilux Asph which has also been on order for 6 months.

The M9 was delivered with the excellent benefit obtained in buying an official UK imported product through MK the "Leica passport"

Hi

Normal Belfast venacular, ships and aircraft have always blurred the venacular.

Satellite TV inhibited by censor. BBC by aunty.

Noel

P.S. I really liked Kodachrome 25 and M4s both were good, but they were both stopped...

• 1 month later...