Leica Dlux 7 Camera freezes

• 7 months later...

I also have this problem on the D-Lux 7.  The camera is 6 months old and it has happened twice in the last month.  the camera freezes and cannot be turned off in the normal way, the controls have no effect and the lens is stuck out.  Both times, the only way to fix this was to remove the battery.

Has anyone found a fix?  Is there a software fix coming?

Hi All, I use an external Battery Charger, use FOTOS and have no Freezing Issues (yet) Camera is 2 months old.. In regards to Settings, try aMenu Reset.. Use higher EVF refresh rate...  L

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi there, i've bought my d-Lux 7 used and unfortunately I've realized that it was at whopping 15000 shots!! I feel like i'm fooled. I also had the same freezing issue today and had to remove the battery. I thought that it is related with gps information pass. Don't think that it is related with Leica FOTOS app. Also a better SD card might help. Because except that one freeze, it is incredibly responsive and fast.

Am 13.10.2022 um 22:39 schrieb dgstng:

Hi there, i've bought my d-Lux 7 used and unfortunately I've realized that it was at whopping 15000 shots!! I feel like i'm fooled. I also had the same freezing issue today and had to remove the battery. I thought that it is related with gps information pass. Don't think that it is related with Leica FOTOS app. Also a better SD card might help. Because except that one freeze, it is incredibly responsive and fast.

A few months later I can say it's perfectly reliable. No issues at all. And with some experience from other cams I'd feel happy with 15k, that's fine.

• 5 months later...

Mine is 2 years old and so far these are the faults -

1 Metering is off by at least 2 stops.

2 Auto focus is very jumpy and I mostly have to go manual.

3 Zoom jams and will not extend. I have to pull it out manually.

4 Zoom lever does not work 50% of the time. I end uo using the ring on the lens.

5 crashes so often ive got used to dropping the battery witout a seconds thought.

6 Dirt on the inside of the lens that shows up on all wide angle shots. From factory!

7 Batterry door jams due to case twisting.

think thats it off the top my head.

If the dirt is there from new why did you accept the camera?  
it sounds like you have a lemon. Normally Panasonics are pretty solid cameras. Any camera with such complaints would find itself returned immediately in my hands. 

7 hours ago, RyanS said:

Mine is 2 years old and so far these are the faults -

1 Metering is off by at least 2 stops.

2 Auto focus is very jumpy and I mostly have to go manual.

3 Zoom jams and will not extend. I have to pull it out manually.

4 Zoom lever does not work 50% of the time. I end uo using the ring on the lens.

5 crashes so often ive got used to dropping the battery witout a seconds thought.

6 Dirt on the inside of the lens that shows up on all wide angle shots. From factory!

7 Batterry door jams due to case twisting.

think thats it off the top my head.

So many mechanical problems - looks like someone dropped it from a height and then quietly put it back on sales shelf.

Send it authorised dealer for repair.

• 1 year later...
Am 17.8.2019 um 10:14 schrieb Alan Clarke:

Leica Dlux 7 Camera freezes especially after charging. Anyone else having this problem. I have found that taking battery out and reinstall it gets it working again. Just a little concerned as camera only a Month old.

My DLUX Typ 109 freezes EVERY TIME when I press the Play Button or when I enter the play menu.

i always have to remove the battery. 

unfortunately there is no firmware update so 1.0 is still the current version