No more GAS for me!

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A perfect family!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

I'm selling my 35 Summilux (don't need 2) and I will use the money for a 28 Summilux if it turns out to be as good as it appears to be. It's not a priority.

Lens choice and quality isn't a limitation. That selection is good for me. The M3 is really just a bit of history. With the other three, I have film (Tri-X), colour digital and fantastic B&W, each in a form and function that I really like. Couldn't be better.

:) Black paint :)

Apart from lusting after a silver 28 Summilux (and selling my spare 35 Summilux to part fund it), I really have more than enough camera gear - put another way, having experimented with the D800E and A7r, I have all the camera gear I want. New gear coming available (apart from the 28 Summilux :() doesn't really affect how my current equipment works. For years, I shot what I like and want happily with an FM2 and two lenses - a mid range zoom (28-85mm?) and a tele (180mm). Perfect. Used them till they basically gave up the ghost (about 30 years?). With Leica, I have found that the range of 21 to 90 fits perfectly. If I had more, I wouldn't use it.

So, while this thread is a bit tongue in cheek (who the f**k needs 4 M cameras, 10 M mount lenses, a Leica T and an SWC? and how much did all that cost?), I really have nothing more than a passing academic interest in what Leica produces in future (my M-A purchase as a replacement for my M9P is surely an example of that). Even the benighted (by some) Leica T is fantastic - it takes very good pictures, and is useful when I'm riding my motorbike, hiking or otherwise in the outdoors wanting something small, AF and zoom, that will take M lenses for macro if I want it. I'm sure a better full frame Sony with mega MP would do way more, but the camera I have works just fine, thank you.

And, no. I'm not giving up on my M3, though I tend to use that with my Summitar 50/2 from 1948. It's compact, and somehow rewarding as a combination.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks Otto. The M60 and Monochrom have their own leather straps, so I put the braided ones on the film cameras.

Interesting that so much comment compares the M-A to the MP, where I see it more as an M3 with updated viewfinder and film loading system. Hence my fascination that they should be separated by 60 years. Nice, in a disposable world.

• Like 2