M9 full specs and pictures are out. Let's discuss.

nugat

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Difficult lenses should be easier to focus on the new body.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/1021749-post1.html

Dear lct,

It's not about easiness of focus, which I don't find problematic even with long lenses.

It's really total frontfocussing, leaving you with unusable images.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear lct,

It's not about easiness of focus, which I don't find problematic even with long lenses.

It's really total frontfocussing, leaving you with unusable images.

Well you know what i think of the M8 i guess. :rolleyes: It's incredible that you may have focussing problems with your pre-asph 50/1.4 when i haven't got any with my modest Epsons. I would not touch anything on your lenses and test them in person on the M9 if i were you. FWIW.

The figures for the body size make it certain that the good old Visoflex III will have no problems with the new M. I admit that this was my main concern about it and i am happy that it is solved.

Dimensions & weight are listed as almost same size as the M8

(Width x Depth x Height) approx. 139 x 37 x 80 mm (5 1/2 x 11/2 x 3 1/6 in.).

It looks more like an M7 or MP rather than an M8 with a step down on the left side of the camera next to the viewfinder, difference is obviously no rewind knob, also no frame counter on top & no battery level, it's all in the display now.

Cuba - a country whose leadership has spent the last 40 years resisting change.

Is that why Leica thought it was a good place for the brochure shoot?;)

A well-targeted metaphor, I daresay (wonderful quality of these slitghtly desaturated shots apart).

Cuba is changing now, at last, and boxing from a small island to win a career in the wide world is surely an apt metaphor for a small company like Leica — a niche challenger battling the big boys.

:cool:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mike,

Glad i did not design that, would have been tempted to put the MP revind knob in there where it belong but with a multi function - turn for exp-comp - push once and turn to set ISO. push again to return to exp-comp... (or easier, pull up to set iso down for exp-comp)

Dimensions & weight are listed as almost same size as the M8

(Width x Depth x Height) approx. 139 x 37 x 80 mm (5 1/2 x 11/2 x 3 1/6 in.).

It looks more like an M7 or MP rather than an M8 with a step down on the left side of the camera next to the viewfinder, difference is obviously no rewind knob, also no frame counter on top & no battery level, it's all in the display now.

Well, we are talking about rumours, don't we?

What I have seen in some rumours does look like a M8 (with step down and no diplay on top. The figures about width, heigth and length in this rumour were exactly the same as in the official data of the M 8. There is a small difference to the M7/MP.

Just wondering, how usable really is ISO 80; I've hardly ever a chance to shoot at ISO 160. :confused:

Could be good for wide open aperture in strong light. There were people who did not upgrade the shutter to keep 1/8000 for the Noctilux at f 1.0 in daylight. ISO 80 could compensate for that.

Could be good for wide open aperture in strong light. There were people who did not upgrade the shutter to keep 1/8000 for the Noctilux at f 1.0 in daylight. ISO 80 could compensate for that.

Kind of confounding to use a Noctilux in strong light eh? To each his own, I guess. :)