"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

Maybe this unique architecture style can help 😉

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What is this? Name of the building and its dwellers where this is the kitchen of.

It’s not in Denmark, but it’s not on the other side of the world either.

The world famous man who lived here at the end of his life, could not believe in some sort of God who was seated on a throne in heaven, although he found that sad and difficult. 

This is the building from the outside (to give you some more information I had to use this iPhone photo by my wife, I expect the moderators to be moderate with that).

Edited by otto.f

Hofwijck, a mansion built by Constantijn Huygens in Voorburg, on the outskirts of Den Hague.

iPhone? You must be joking, you're cursing in a church 😉

Seriously. A while ago I was very impressed when one of our daughters showed some photos shot with her iPhone 11, the photos, and especially the bokeh, were great for such a little camera. A serious competitor for Leica in the making?

Right Dirk, who else could have solved it but you 😊. Christiaan Huygens, Constantijn’s son, who is considered by some as world’s brightest scientist, lived here at the end of his life. Einstein once said he just developed further on his ideas with his relativity theory. It’s a wonderfull little museum with a guide that has a very interesting story (don’t take the audio-robot, listen to him).

The first photo, in the kitchen of the family’s summer house, is taken with the M9 and Summicron 28 ii (I hope that excuses me...). It shows all the Huygens children in the portraits. The second is from an iPhone 7. Christiaan made with his brother the best lenses of the world at that time, with which he discovered Titan, a moon of Saturnus. So I don’t know if he would be surprised by the quality of iPhones 350 years later. 😊

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

Interesting, Otto.

Fortunately the M combo absolved you.

Never visited Hofwijck, when I go, I’ll look out for the guide, thanks for the advice.

The photos on the kitchen table were reproduced from a painting of the Huygens family in the collection of the Mauritshuis.

Where are we now?

• Thanks 1