Has anyone seen Brent or Dean?

mgcd

HMM who knows.... it could be a very calculated Shakespearian entrance or abstinance :)

John - Interesting point... :) Neither of them strikes me that way though. I am just wondering whether they may have decided to pack it in instead...

Just wondering if they transferred over yet. I know Bill H. is here...:)

Hi Conrad,

I just received a note from Brent offering to send his Kayak so I could go to work, so he is still out and about. Dean is due back east soon because his son has a bike race back here. They probably have not had time to peek in yet.

I have a question - Apparently the M8 has the R9 shutter. How loud is this shutter if you release it with the mirror locked up? I am trying to get a sense of whether the M8 will be as quiet as the film Ms.

Thanks!

Bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Conrad,

I just received a note from Brent offering to send his Kayak so I could go to work, so he is still out and about. Dean is due back east soon because his son has a bike race back here. They probably have not had time to peek in yet.

I have a question - Apparently the M8 has the R9 shutter. How loud is this shutter if you release it with the mirror locked up? I am trying to get a sense of whether the M8 will be as quiet as the film Ms.

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks. Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you've been affected by the flooding in the Northeast, I hope all is well nevertheless.

To answer your question, the shutter itself is pretty quiet, it's the mirror slapping back in place that is noisy. I just checked to make sure. Will it be as quiet as the film Ms? Possibly... Although I don't see why the M8 would need the R8/9 shutter as it will not use film: it "may" not need a traditional shutter at all, in this case. From an engineering point of view I believe some high end DSLRs, for example, don't have a traditional shutter either. There may be a reason for it to have a traditional shutter, honestly since I am not an engineer I could not tell you. :)

Steve - I am not contesting that the M8 will have a shutter. I was just musing as to its technical necessity. Again, not being an engineer, my understanding of the rudiments of sensors is that to expose they only need to turn "on" for what ever time is appropriate. So I let my musing get the better of me :)

I am laughing here...

I am trying hard to behave and not mention the squirrel, but of course Yur and Bill both mentioned the critter in my "welcome back" message..even on the same day.

Don't forget Bill...it was your squirrel to begin with...:)

Anyhow, I am back and probably will check in on a regular basis.

darlene

I have the feeling that Dean did not "cross-over" (that sounds like those current ghost TV shows...). The last post I read from him in the old forum seemed to indicate that he would not bother.

"I read from him in the old forum seemed to indicate that he would not bother."

He could not fathom all the rudeness he saw on the list. Is the reason for this new one to to avoid a replay of that kind of thing? It seems i saw a reference to this somewhere on the new list.