Leica SL3 features that I would like to add

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey, 

I would love if all Leica Sl cameras could focus stack. 

Now with the new SL3 it should be easy to achieve. 

So many things you can do with this feature. 

1. focus stacking 

2. pixel shift handheld (like Panasonic) 

What's your favorite feature that is missing? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MediaFotografie said:

second better (more user friendly) support for the old battery BP-SCL4

It's certainly an annoying message but can't find which are "the missing functionalities" maybe because I only do stills 

... also for SL2 😜

1 ... simple switch to b/w preview like Panasonic
2 ... comment function (audio) of taken pictures like with my Canon (EOS 1) - here I can save a comment to each saved picture on the card - very helpful for documenting the content and the (M)-lens used and the selected aperture

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb RBB:

It's certainly an annoying message but can't find which are "the missing functionalities" maybe because I only do stills 

exactly, it‘s in the video area, but there are many restriction (not so with Q3 with same sensor and same CPU, what I don‘t understand); so one message when inserting the battery or so something like this will make much more sense. I suggestiv this many times but they wan‘t hear it   😞

• Thanks 1

I'm probably in the minority, but after having the Q3 the crop modes are sometimes helpful, especially with 60Mp.  It would be great if the SL3 could use common focal length equivalent crops similar to the Q3 and calculate them to show the effective FOV based on the detected lens.  So instead of just having full frame and APS-C mode (which I assume is really implemented for use of an APS-C lens), you'd be able to visualize four different fields of view for the attached lens.  ie. I'd love to have the option of seeing 21mm, 24mm, 28mm and 35mm crops in the EVF with the APO 21mm attached.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to have a face-eye automatic zoom in manual focus (with focus confirmation), just like the Nikon ZF. I find it one of the few modern features that has practical sense. 

Edited by dsalamena
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Dr. G said:

I'm probably in the minority, but after having the Q3 the crop modes are sometimes helpful, especially with 60Mp.  It would be great if the SL3 could use common focal length equivalent crops similar to the Q3 and calculate them to show the effective FOV based on the detected lens.  So instead of just having full frame and APS-C mode (which I assume is really implemented for use of an APS-C lens), you'd be able to visualize four different fields of view for the attached lens.  ie. I'd love to have the option of seeing 21mm, 24mm, 28mm and 35mm crops in the EVF with the APO 21mm attached.  

not sure that is ever coming, if you only shoot 50, what is the distraction line there? 
the essential and functional design would be overwhelmed by does items.
Already you have a screen covered with icons on top, bottom, side, histogram, level and AF.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

not sure that is ever coming, if you only shoot 50, what is the distraction line there? 
the essential and functional design would be overwhelmed by does items.
Already you have a screen covered with icons on top, bottom, side, histogram, level and AF.

Fair Point.

The other thing I'd like to see is the option to toggle depth of field preview on and off instead of having to use it per shot taken.  

53 minutes ago, dsalamena said:

I would like to have a face-eye automatic zoom in manual focus (with focus confirmation), just like the Nikon ZF. I find it one of the few modern features that has practical sense. 

So the camera automatic zooms to the eye it detects and you can focus it with manual ? 
that would be perfect 👍 

I love that 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

I like an adapter M to L with AF, now that PDAF is in play.

It does not have to be fast or for everyday use, but why should nikon and sony have one and not the king of M lenses?

The adapter will not work with a FLE lens, which is almost all modern lenses. When there is a group of glasses inside the lens that need to be moved, you still have to at least roughly focus at the correct distance

Edited by Smogg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Olaf_ZG said:

A charger?

Would it be enough if Leica ships a set that includes a charger for a cost that includes the price of a charger? 

3 minutes ago, SrMi said:

Would it be enough if Leica ships a set that includes a charger for a cost that includes the price of a charger? 

It would even be enough if the charger is priced fairly. I bought a vlux5 as a gift for my friend (she loves photography), no charger included. My dealer sold me a no-name one for 15€. Fair.