Q3 Monochrom

Thanks, but the "official" product release date somewhere in the forum (I think) is sometime 2027. Since the bw converted sensor and electronics are the same as the already released M11m, I don't get it.

Do we have any clue was to how well the Q2Mono sold? 

I can't decide whether it's more logical for them to do a Q3Mono or a Q3P next. I know they skipped doing a Q2P, but a Q3P with the larger internal storage capacity and content authentication carried over from the M11-P might be the more worthwhile endeavour. Of course, both a Q3P and a Q3Mono would be welcome. 

Until the Q3 itself becomes readily available at retail and Leica have fulfilled demand then it's hard to imagine a variant coming to market though.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't know anything about sales, but since the sensor jiggle is ported directly from the 11 Mono, and the form factor seems unchanged from the q2... why wait? Don't they see I need this?

8 hours ago, Lew said:

Thanks, but the "official" product release date somewhere in the forum (I think) is sometime 2027. Since the bw converted sensor and electronics are the same as the already released M11m, I don't get it.

You'll have to be more specific.  I haven't read anything in this forum or elsewhere that mentions an official release date.  There will probably be a Q4 by 2027, and no, that's not official 😂

3 hours ago, T25UFO said:

You'll have to be more specific.  I haven't read anything in this forum or elsewhere that mentions an official release date.  There will probably be a Q4 by 2027, and no, that's not official 😂

Correct. And by 2027 there will be the M12. 

• 1 month later...

Monochrom is always "alike but b&w", follows color body, MM vs M, QM vs Q.
Wish - for sure, not happening - Leica risks playing sideway, releasing Q3M anyhow deferent... maybe keeping non-flip screen but showing new 35mm lens... yeah, in my dreams, I know :)