New M10M

AceVentura1986

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, all. Just took delivery of an M10M and had a few questions.

1. How can I determine the installed version number?
  2. If I need to update, what would be the correct method?
  3. Coming from the M9M, I'm very used to determining remaining battery life and free space on the SD card. The M9M's menu for this is easy to access and very clear. I have only been able to determine this in the M10M by pressing the LV button. Even then, however, the battery life indicator is pretty tiny and the remaining SD card space is also pretty tiny. Is this the only way to determine these readings or is there another method?

Thanks in advance.

1. You find the relevant menu entry and click it, it will show you the FW version. select Camera Information in the main menu, select Camera Firmware, check the version information

2. Download the latest firmware version. save the download to the memory card, insert the memory card into the camera, select Camera Information in the main menu, select Camera Firmware, check the version information, select Yes upon update prompt.

All this is writen very clearly in the MANUAL you totally should read, it is also one fast google search away.

• Thanks 1

The last and current firmware version for the M10 Monochrom is 4.22.23.34.

You don't have to do anything which you did not do with your M9 Monochrom: download the firmware from the Leica website - though be careful that you get the right firmware. Put the file with the firmware on the top layer of a SD Card - insert it. If the camera recognizes it the firmware's name (4.22.23.34) should not be grayed out. Press for update and wait some time. and follow the instructions on the display. You battery should be well charged. 

To get the information about your SD card and the battery you switch off Liveview and press the button on the right of the display. 

• Thanks 1

On the M10M, the circular button at the center of the direction pad is super useful for seeing battery life, free space on the card, and a bunch of other stuff that's quicker to access (without bringing up live view or the other menu systems).  Just press it when NOT in live view mode.  The battery life indicator also includes a percentage readout.  Card space is shown in gigs available on the top right and also as # of remaining photos on the bottom left. It's great for seeing what ISO the auto ISO is at at the moment.  It tells you the lens that's attached so you can see if the camera detected it properly up when you swap lenses.  It shows you drive mode.  The cool thing is, it's also a touch screen, so it's the fastest way to change drive mode (just touch it and the selection menu pops up).  When using the "M" setting on the ISO dial, that screen will show you what that's set at and you can touch the setting to bring up the menu to adjust.  I never found anything that really pushed the use of this center button feature when not in live view, but, once you start using it, it dramatically speeds up the camera usage and functionality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1