2.0.1 bug - "Delete all" only works on the second try

Fritz Fritz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've noticed on 2.0.1 firmware, that even if I have just one photo, when I select "delete all" (Play->Menu->Delete All), the screen flashes the delete all progress bar and then just vanishes. Only upon doing it a second time does it work.

I've tried this several times and can repeat it every time. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I can confirm this behaviour happens on my M11 when Storage Options is set to DNG+JPG on IN=SD. I presume it deletes all images on one storage medium first, requiring a second Delete All for the second storage medium. I have not checked which one is done first. 

My default setting, DNG+JPG only on SD deletes all images after Delete All is selected.

Edited by hmzimelka

That is of course correct. Deleting (regardless of whether it is a single image or deleting all images) only affects the memory that is currently displayed. With IN = SD, you have to delete twice. But this has always been the case and must be the case.

• Like 1

I had not run into this one, because I use the two cards in series, not in parallel.  But why would you use "delete all"?  I only erase cards when their contents have been archived in multiple places, and I then clean them up on the computer.  Remember the old admonition, "Never delete in the street!" 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

33 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I had not run into this one, because I use the two cards in series, not in parallel.  But why would you use "delete all"?  I only erase cards when their contents have been archived in multiple places, and I then clean them up on the computer.  Remember the old admonition, "Never delete in the street!" 

It seems some assumption is made that isn't relevant here. What has backing up and archiving have to do with the OP's original post?

Just for reference, I used Delete All all the time until FW 2.0.1 since my M11 didn't remember file naming after a SD card format if the camera is switched off after a format. It would default back to ***001.DNG if I forgot to take one image after a format. The fix for me was to use Delete All instead of format.

However, by the time I do use the Delete All function on the camera, I've already offloaded my files and backed them up. 

Now with FW 2.0.1, the camera will remember the last file numbering, no matter if the camera is switched off directly after a format. 

Edited by hmzimelka
  • Like 1