From China with love

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pretty Chinese tourists in California.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SL2 + 18-56

Edited by Louis
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, werner__ said:

Hallo Louis, are you visiting California or did you change your "livingroom"?

Hello Alain, we went to Los Angeles for the Malibu triathlon and we are back to Miami. I couldn’t ran because of my broken wrist, but my wife did, and when we returned, she had a fall in Miami and broke her knee!!!…. Isn’t that weird! I have my feet working and she has her arms😂😂

I wish we had moved to Santa Monica; I love the West Coast and the weather!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Louis said:

Hello Alain, we went to Los Angeles for the Malibu triathlon and we are back to Miami. I couldn’t ran because of my broken wrist, but my wife did, and when we returned, she had a fall in Miami and broke her knee!!!…. Isn’t that weird! I have my feet working and she has her arms😂😂

I wish we had moved to Santa Monica; I love the West Coast and the weather!

Thanks, Louis...although the guy who asked was Werner 😊

Sorry for your wife, bad luck.

To a certain extent, you are well complementing each other 🙂

Edited by Lelmer
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lelmer said:

Thanks, Louis...although the guy who asked was Werner 😊

Sorry for your wife, bad luck.

To a certain extent, you are well complementing each other 🙂

I am just joking with my friend Werner who seems to like your name! 😂

• Haha 1

Nice and friendly ladies, Louis. I was just in China again in August, and people do assume these poses automatically when in front of a camera. It's the Instagram-cute generation these days...

Have you thought about a faster lens perhaps over the 16-56? A bit more subject isolation might be helpful here.

Take care.
T

5 hours ago, HandofSand said:

Nice and friendly ladies, Louis. I was just in China again in August, and people do assume these poses automatically when in front of a camera. It's the Instagram-cute generation these days...

Have you thought about a faster lens perhaps over the 16-56? A bit more subject isolation might be helpful here.

Take care.
T

Hello Thomas and good to hear from you. The shots you posted are great as always, with wonderful colors.

Did you see our common friend in China; I hope he and P are doing well. I often think of our old little gang in the other site and miss those days.

please, don’t tell me these pretty Chinese girls are sending kisses to every one and let me believe it was only for me!… ;) 

I am using the T lenses that I already have on SL2. They give decent result on SL2 that automatically turns to aps-c  when used with T lenses. I traded my T and CL for a used SL2. It is bigger and heavy but has a much better sensor than CL that has, unfortunately, been discontinued. The weight didn’t bother me till a few months ago when I broke my wrist and I am still in pain. As for isolating subjects, I also have 55-135 T that I really like rendering. But as I was traveling, I couldn’t bring all my lenses.

Very best, my friend,

L

9 hours ago, Terin said:

Two very beautiful Chinese girls who have nothing Chinese about them!

Good job Louis 😉

Thank you very much for your kind comment. I was also very surprised when they told me they are coming from China. But according to our friend Thomas who is frequently traveling to China, most of the women are behaving that way! … I am very disappointed as I thought it was only for meat!… ;) 

3 hours ago, Louis said:

Hello Thomas and good to hear from you. The shots you posted are great as always, with wonderful colors.

Did you see our common friend in China; I hope he and P are doing well. I often think of our old little gang in the other site and miss those days.

please, don’t tell me these pretty Chinese girls are sending kisses to every one and let me believe it was only for me!… ;) 

I am using the T lenses that I already have on SL2. They give decent result on SL2 that automatically turns to aps-c  when used with T lenses. I traded my T and CL for a used SL2. It is bigger and heavy but has a much better sensor than CL that has, unfortunately, been discontinued. The weight didn’t bother me till a few months ago when I broke my wrist and I am still in pain. As for isolating subjects, I also have 55-135 T that I really like rendering. But as I was traveling, I couldn’t bring all my lenses.

Very best, my friend,

L

Dear Louis,

Sorry about your wrist, I hope it'll heal quickly now.

I agree, the SL system is a bit of a brick, not so great for travel. I used my CL with a couple lenses (the 55-135 was one of them) while on the road this summer, it served me well, but - although tempted - I wouldn't have wanted to lug my S system through the deserts of western China.

Choi and P are fine, thanks for asking, I spent a leisurely afternoon with them in Hong Kong. They are taking care of a grandchild this school year, so they have cut back on travel for the time being. Choi's M9 is still going strong (he's on his third sensor by now), I think they have to pry this camera from his cold dead hands.  

My best wishes back,
T

16 hours ago, HandofSand said:

Dear Louis,

Sorry about your wrist, I hope it'll heal quickly now.

I agree, the SL system is a bit of a brick, not so great for travel. I used my CL with a couple lenses (the 55-135 was one of them) while on the road this summer, it served me well, but - although tempted - I wouldn't have wanted to lug my S system through the deserts of western China.

Choi and P are fine, thanks for asking, I spent a leisurely afternoon with them in Hong Kong. They are taking care of a grandchild this school year, so they have cut back on travel for the time being. Choi's M9 is still going strong (he's on his third sensor by now), I think they have to pry this camera from his cold dead hands.  

My best wishes back,
T

Thank you for your feedback. I trust you avoided eating Choi’s chicken paws! 😂

We really had some inspiring bunch of friends in the other site. It was my entry to the digital photography world and I learned so much from everyone of you.

Be well, my friend,

L