Does latest Adobe update (LrC 13.0) support Q3's Leica Perspective Control?

SrMi

Posted (edited)
vor 8 Minuten schrieb wlaidlaw:

i just checked on Q3 images I took in Valencia in Mid November and they work just fine. 

Wilson

Hm, I wonder what is wrong with my LR. 

Maybe I should get rid of the import profile for my Q3 and import according to camera settings . . But fir M11 I have an import profile as well and it still works. Have to do some testing.

Edited by M11 for me

vor 3 Stunden schrieb M11 for me:

Hm, I wonder what is wrong with my LR. 

Maybe I should get rid of the import profile for my Q3 and import according to camera settings . . But fir M11 I have an import profile as well and it still works. Have to do some testing.

I gave my own answer: It works only if NO individual import profile is applied, which is unlike the M11. So I took the profile out and now the import is set to "as in camera settings" and it works fine.

I wonder if this is as it should be or if this is a LR Classic bug.

2 hours ago, M11 for me said:

I gave my own answer: It works only if NO individual import profile is applied, which is unlike the M11. So I took the profile out and now the import is set to "as in camera settings" and it works fine.

I wonder if this is as it should be or if this is a LR Classic bug.

I use an import preset (containing settings for the camera profile and lens corrections, automatically applied during import) and Lightroom Classic still shows the Q3's perspective corrections when I click on the "Guided" button of the "Transform" tab.

I have set this import preset as the "Raw default" for the Q3 in the "Presets" tab of the "Preferences" window. Maybe that's why it works for me? Too lazy to try out other ways of applying settings during import 😉.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, Qwertynm said:

I'm on LR Classic Version 13.1, Camera RAW 16.1 and perspective control seems to be implemented into Lightroom now when choosing the guided option, the image gets cropped to the correct upright position, even tough I didn't activate the perspective control in camera. Can someone check if that's true for them too or if I'm seeing a fluke? thanks

Yes, that is the standard behavior of Leica Perspective Control. The angles are always written in the DNG. The difference is whether the correction will be applied at import (requires LrC>Preferences>Presets>Camera Settings) or not.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb SrMi:

Yes, that is the standard behavior of Leica Perspective Control. The angles are always written in the DNG. The difference is whether the correction will be applied at import (requires LrC>Preferences>Presets>Camera Settings) or not.

The alternative to "LrC>Preferences>Presets>Camera Settings" would be to go with a Preset (with my M11 I use import Preset). But then with Q3 PC has gone. It does not show here. That is a pitty to me.

vor einer Stunde schrieb M11 for me:

The alternative to "LrC>Preferences>Presets>Camera Settings" would be to go with a Preset (with my M11 I use import Preset). But then with Q3 PC has gone. It does not show here. That is a pitty to me.

I have now deleted my Q3 profile and re-created the same one again: AND IT WORKS . . . Sorry for the hassle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1