M-D article on Macfilos plus M11-D possibilities

Datsch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Unfortunately I sold my M60, leaving the 35 lux stainless steel behind which was what I actually wanted. I AM fine by the M60 without lugs, I liked the seamless case which come with it. The ultimate reason I sold was due to the concept of digital rot; eventually all digital camera will come to an end, and I sold it off while there's value in it.

I've now reverted to ancient M9 and film M6. Funny thing is M9 screen is so crappy that I never look at it after taking a shot, hence it becomes a pseudo film camera lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, pippy said:

Not having any interest in the M11 my own (admittedly completely self-centred) view would be that any talk about such a prospect would become so deeply mired under all the existing crap concerning the M11 that an M11-D proposal would always be destined to become invisible.

It would be illuminating to know roughly how many current M11 owners have, themselves, previously fully embraced the M-D Typ-262 or M10-D cameras.

Philip.

Agreed. The idea of a "D" version of the M11 would have to consider the lack of a classic brass removable bottom plate and a brass top plate. The M11 has mutated away from the traditional tactile organic feel of the classic Leica. The M10-D with its brilliant faux film wind-lever / thumb-rest is brilliant. These little things contribute to the therapeutic endorphins attributed to using a classic film Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1