SL2 / SL2S New firmware released

Logon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Malabito said:

I upgraded it went smooth, they even added  a reminder to save your profiles:) 

But I can't get the Perspective control setting to work, is grayed out. Do I need to be in a specific setting for it to be enabled?

Thanks!

• Perspective Control is not available for continuous shooting or for Multishot.

my update was smooth too, you can reload the profile and that works ok most of the time, I would suggest recreating the profile, when the changes are to big you get problems with reloaded profiles.

One issue is that LUT don't get reloaded and erased .

39 minutes ago, Photoworks said:
  • Perspective Control is not available for continuous shooting or for Multishot.

my update was smooth too, you can reload the profile and that works ok most of the time, I would suggest recreating the profile, when the changes are to big you get problems with reloaded profiles.

One issue is that LUT don't get reloaded and erased .

Thanks now its working, nice little trick the perfecrive control,  will try to experiment with it 

Why would you want perspective control in raw?  I can understand in jpg, but if you only shoot raw, I would rather do the correction in LR or C1, as you have much more control. LR still only offers default Adobe color profiles for the SL2, which IMO are not that good. 

Sad that Leica still can't understand the need to take the self timer from drive modes, and allow it work with bracketing (exposure) and they still can add a focus bracketing to the camera, even though the stepper motors of SL lenses can obviously support this.  

Paul 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul2660 said:

Why would you want perspective control in raw?  I can understand in jpg, but if you only shoot raw, I would rather do the correction in LR or C1, as you have much more control. LR still only offers default Adobe color profiles for the SL2, which IMO are not that good. 

sometimes there are no real lines in the image to take the auto correction in software, the Prospective control come in handy. in any case it is there, and you can just use any of the other ways.

22 minutes ago, Paul2660 said:

Sad that Leica still can't understand the need to take the self timer from drive modes, and allow it work with bracketing (exposure) and they still can add a focus bracketing to the camera, even though the stepper motors of SL lenses can obviously support this.  

Yes I agree with you, tracking only in continues shooting is a problem for me. Some time I use flash when doing architectural interior , the SL2 fires to quickly to recharge the flash in every shot..

Give as the option!

1 hour ago, Paul2660 said:

Paul 

(Avoiding Adobe vs C1 discussion)

LPC is especially useful in raw. You can tune the corrections in post, or you can use it only for automatic leveling. I also find the framing guide in the viewfinder occasionally very helpful.

Doing it in the post is sometimes difficult and takes a lot of time.

Of course, YMMV, but I would recommend anyone using Adobe software to give it a try.

Loaded it on SL2 aqnd SL2S without incident. Did it the old way, without using Fotos.  Just put it on the chip in current use, saved profiles before (twice), and restored them. It still doesn't remind you of that, but since you have to power off and back on, I don't see how it could do that.

Perspective control works on my Sigma 24 as well as on SL lenses.  I use it as a guide, but do any perspective correction with Capture One's tool. It looks like the implementation is identical to in an M10 or M11, so there shouldn't be LR problems. Just reviewing on the camera (since I don't save a jpeg) it works fine.

I haven't tried lens profile, but if we can now make 'em up, that's great and has long been asked for.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

That typically happens when you download a file that has already been downloaded and so the computer appends a (2) so it doesn’t overwrite it.  That has happened on my Mac and I’ve had to rename as well…

No in my case. I checked. Also, if you hoover over the link on the website of Leica you see the name is already including the _(2) part. I must have been the person uploading / adding the file to the Leica website who had this issue.

• Like 1