M10-P for US$5k or M11 for $6900-7500? New to Leica/RF.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm new to the Leica M system.  M11s on various forums/FB groups are going for between $6900-7200 after negotiating, and certain European/UK/Asian retailers end up around $7400-7500 for a brand new M11 shipped to the US. I'm also in conversation with a seller who has an M10-P with 5500 actuations and a thumb grip and extra battery for $5k. Either way I plan to buy 3 Voigtlander lenses: 28 Ultron II, 35 Ultron II, and Nokton 50 1.5 before deciding which focal lengths I want to invest more in potentially with a 35 or 50 APO, 35 Lux FLE, etc down the road. 

High ISO performance is a priority for me as I'm out at night a lot. I don't print big, but I am blown away by the image quality I'm seeing from the M11. I also really like a lot of the nice to haves on the M11-- USB-C, triple resolution, sensor-based metering, better menus, etc. 

Which would you guys go for with these considerations? 

The M10-P would absolutely preserve more $ for lenses down the road, but as a new M user who isn't 100% sure the system is going to be my one and only, I'm also reluctant to buy something several generations behind knowing that the M11 seems really extraordinary. As a new M user what would you guys do? I haven't been considering the M10-R but maybe I should? Would be grateful for advice. 

They are all excellent cameras as are the voigtlander lenses you've mentioned.  I don't usually give advice on purchases but this time I must say to please consider the m10r, it has more pixels and low light performance features than the m10p.  The m11 would be a good choice but if you're trying to save a few $ then the 10r would be very close and some say a better choice.  I personally chose the 10r right after the m11 came out, had been looking at various m's since the m9.  Happy with my decision so far.  Good luck with your choice, I realize it is a tough decision.