Leica M10/-P/-R/-M/-D firmware update brings compatibility with the new EVF2:

Leon_B.

Update process with M10M, M10R and M10P Reporter worked flawlessly. The Visoflex 2 on either of these cameras shows a smaller field of viel, but I pretty much like it. You can use it easily with glasses on your nose 😉 Reminds me of the high eyepoint finders of my Nikon D3 and Canon F-1N film cameras. Also my Z9 offers the possibility to reduce the field of view electronically which I prefer to see the complete finder view without effort. 

No further bugfixes stated, hope my M10M will not freeze as often as it did with Visoflex 020...

• Leon_B. changed the title to Leica M10/-P/-R/-M/-D firmware update brings compatibility with the new EVF2:
18 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

That's true, and Leica took a while on this, so this may be solving problems that most of us have never encountered.  I always update.  If I ever have a problem, I want to be sure that I am using a supported version of the camera. 

I doubt they have have included any bugfixes in the update, surely they would have mentioned that in the release notes.

4 hours ago, SrMi said:

How is the experience with Visoflex 2 on M10 cameras?

I’m interested too, and by extension has anybody compared the 2 with the 020 back to back on an M10 please? Are there any improvements which make upgrading worthwhile? (I’m not bothered about the physical size/shape differences.)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 hours ago, MRJohn said:

Due to the lower megapixel support it does not use the whole screen real-estate, so the projected image is smaller than what it would look like if the VF was attached to an M11

Good to know how they implemented it, thanks. That seems reasonable for me, and might be better than if they interpolated the achievable pixel resolution up,to the dimensions of the display. The smaller window in the view might also be a plus for those of us who wear glasses. 

hard to say without comparing them directly. 
G

On 5/6/2022 at 9:10 AM, overexposed said:

pretty big version number jump, but just added visoflex2 compatibility?

no other changes?

It’s only for Visoflex. Nothing else to see here. 

doesn’t even work 100%. Image is smaller. Why anyone would risk bricking their camera for this I have no idea. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by KeyofG

On 5/5/2022 at 10:25 PM, bherman01545 said:

(which Leica didn't mention in the ReadMe)

Why would they make changes or solve bugs and not tell anyone about it? What’s the point in that? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

some people just can’t stay still. They have itchy fingers. Happens with every single manufacturer. Every time they release an update they just HAVE to install it in their cameras. I’ve seen so many people introduce issues or brick their cameras for no reason. Camera working perfectly fine until they just HAD to update. 

and some of these updates come out with issues and start bricking cameras. A lot of early adopters may be in trouble. Fuji once has to release a x.x.01 update just to roll every XT-2 back to the previous version. I of course never had issues because i only updated once when they improved the AF accuracy. Other than that I didn’t update it. 

but to each his own of course. 

I say if you’re not interested in a square shaped EVF, then forget the update. 

Edited by KeyofG

13 hours ago, ramarren said:

Good to know how they implemented it, thanks. That seems reasonable for me, and might be better than if they interpolated the achievable pixel resolution up,to the dimensions of the display. The smaller window in the view might also be a plus for those of us who wear glasses. 

hard to say without comparing them directly. 
G

It does actually work quite well with glasses. For setting focus the displayed image is a bit small, a selectable 6-7x magnification might work better than the 5x, but they do not provide this option, so could be better but good enough. 

The advantage is having one visoflex that works across several bodies and the form factor.  Leica did not do this with the M240 series and the 020 Visoflex, so this is a bonus for the M10 users or anyone that buys an M11 and later purchases an M10. The M10-p continues to be my preferred camera for some lenses that have CA such as the f1 Noctilux, above 24mp the purple fringing is a much more pronounced issue and removal is difficult or impossible and looks unnatural in color.