Leica M10/-P/-R/-M/-D firmware update brings compatibility with the new EVF2:

Leon_B.

I just saw they have a separate version for the M10-D, it is just not mentioned in their release note. Uploaded it and it works quite well. The small image size is a bit of a pity but they have been transparent about it. Can't have it all.

• Thanks 1

I just upgraded my M10-R with the latest firmware. 

*A word of caution* the FW update isn't huge - it's 120MB, but it takes a while (it unpacks the file, reads, verifies and then installs the file) even with a Sandisk v90, 300 MB/sec card), It took a good 7-10 minutes so make sure that you have a fully charged battery, otherwise, if the battery dies, you'll have a nice silver (or black) metal brick that you'll probably have to send back to Leica

-Brad

22 minutes ago, Dennis said:

The new update only has compatibility for the EVF2 and no additional improvements, right? If I don't have/use EVF, I believe there is no sense for me in updating.

I would also like to know this -- if the only improvement is using the new Visoflex.  Since there will be no improvement to the resolution the only real difference seems to be in the shape of it and that it doesn't partially block the shutter speed dial.  

If/when I ever decide to get the new Visoflex I'll do the update then unless there are other things added with this one.

@Camaro5 Even though the main purpose of the upgrade was to ensure compatibility of the new Visoflex Type 2 with the M10x cameras, there are always bug-fixes, enhancements and stability fixes mixed in, (which Leica didn't mention in the ReadMe), so updating the FW is usually a good bet - but it's up to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bherman01545 said:

@Camaro5 Even though the main purpose of the upgrade was to ensure compatibility of the new Visoflex Type 2 with the M10x cameras, there are always bug-fixes, enhancements and stability fixes mixed in, (which Leica didn't mention in the ReadMe), so updating the FW is usually a good bet - but it's up to you.

That's true, and Leica took a while on this, so this may be solving problems that most of us have never encountered.  I always update.  If I ever have a problem, I want to be sure that I am using a supported version of the camera. 

3 hours ago, Leon_B. said:

Good question. If you are Searching for M10-D or 3.22.11.52 on the Leica site you can find the update :
https://leica-camera.com/en-int/search?query=3.22.11.52

Thanks.  I see that the M10, M10-P and M10-D are now all running on the same firmware release, which should answer this question for good.

3 hours ago, MRJohn said:

I just saw they have a separate version for the M10-D, it is just not mentioned in their release note. Uploaded it and it works quite well. The small image size is a bit of a pity but they have been transparent about it. Can't have it all.

Hey what are you referring to on the small image size? 

15 minutes ago, Stevemason said:

Hey what are you referring to on the small image size? 

Due to the lower megapixel support it does not use the whole screen real-estate, so the projected image is smaller than what it would look like if the VF was attached to an M11

• Leon_B. changed the title to Leica M10/-P/-R/-M/-D firmware update brings compatibility with the new EVF2: