Leica M11 Pre-order and Delivery Thread

wdahab

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I, like many people here, wasn't able to get on the launch-day delivery for the M11. One of the biggest questions I have is not knowing when stockists get the M11 in hand to send out to customers who have pre-ordered. Obviously no one knows how long it will take, anywhere from a month to 6-8 months is the range of predictions.

So, if anyone else is interested, I'm proposing this as a location for people to discuss their pre-order date, country, and (if they're comfortable) stockists as their pre-orders turn into camera in hand. That way we can get a sense what countries are getting new deliveries and what stores have gotten cameras out to customers ahead of us. Clearly this process will take months, but it might help us understand what the overall wait time really looks like. This will be especially helpful if you remember to post when you are notified by your store. Also this is specifically for people who ordered cameras that were not, at the time they ordered, in stock.

Also, this is a place for people who are interested in paying attention to such things. It's not a place to tell others that they shouldn't be interested in paying attention to such things, or downplay whether anyone should have bought the M11 in the first place. No discussing shutters/ISO/resolving power. It *is* a place to discuss your choice of stockist/anticipation/obsessive refreshing tracking numbers/envy of people who get shipping notifications.

I'm in the USA. I have two 1/13 preorders, Leica Miami (got in immediately when the site went up) and another very friendly stockist. I also have a 1/18 preorder at another small stockist.

• Like 1

Put myself on the list on Dec 14, 2021 at my local dealer in Belgium.  Jan 13 in the morning I got the choice of a black or silver.  They got 1 of each.  Choose the black one.  Silver is still available as if today. So they sold and delivered exactly one M11 in the last 7 days… and have one still available. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stef63 said:

Put myself on the list on Dec 14, 2021 at my local dealer in Belgium.  Jan 13 in the morning I got the choice of a black or silver.  They got 1 of each.  Choose the black one.  Silver is still available as if today. So they sold and delivered exactly one M11 in the last 7 days… and have one still available. 

Well, seeing as I'm looking to get my hands on a silver one, if they're willing to ship overseas ex-VAT... any chance you could let slip the name of that stockist?

I got on the list at the SF, Bellavue, Boston, DC, LA, and NY Leica stores at the end of September.  I got a silver m11 from the SF store day 1 but mostly as a result of a set of lucky circumstances.  The Bellavue store emailed me to confirm my interest a few days before launch but none of the other stores have reached out to me otherwise.  I think the SF store had a dozen or so cameras a launch (they gave out special bags with the camera and I saw at least 7 of the bags rolled up and ready).  Maybe the other stores tried calling me and I didn't pick up (I screen due to telemarketers).  Maybe they just have a lot more people ahead of me.

Good luck to everyone hoping to get one soon.  When I put my name down on the waitlists I was just hoping to get it before May.

3 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I was in LA and went into the store on the next day of announcements , there where already 50 people on the list... will see when they call back.

I got an email from B&H for the new camera, I clicked and ordered it, It came few days later.

I visited the LA store on the 14th, the day after the announcement, to pick up my Noctilux I had sent in for a CLA.  I tried out the M11 briefly and was surprised by the significantly lighter weight (prefer the silver however) and the shutter and start up sound was a non issue for me.  The Leica rep told me the waitlist for the black was already in the hundreds.  He put my name on the M11 list for silver without my request. I didn’t  protest. 😀

I happened to check the US Leica site Monday morning 1/17. Wasn't planning to buy. They had two black ones and I couldn't resist. I've found that they seem to have a few available from time to time, but they go fast. Hit or Miss. I've also, in the past, been successful with Pop Flash and Camera West, even with the original M10 where B&H was back ordered for 8 months or more. The big on line outfits have a huge customer base and their allocations are proportionally small.

In the US, if you do the legwork, you can generally find one withing a few days.

Rob: yeah, it looks like the Leica USA store has black M11s in stock. No silver, which is what I'm definitely locked into (mostly for aesthetics, as my wife is big into vintage fashion + I already have a silver summicron). I've been hunting US stockists for the silver, no luck yet. 

The Silver M11 popped up on Amazon through a stockist quickly and I snagged it. The 5% cashback I get offsets enough of the sales tax and I called the shop to confirm that they do show they have the camera and its marked reserved for my Amazon order. So... looks like being persistent pays off (or, as it were, costs me dearly as I'm gonna have this beauty in hand hopefully next week).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wdahab said:

The Silver M11 popped up on Amazon through a stockist quickly and I snagged it. The 5% cashback I get offsets enough of the sales tax and I called the shop to confirm that they do show they have the camera and its marked reserved for my Amazon order. So... looks like being persistent pays off (or, as it were, costs me dearly as I'm gonna have this beauty in hand hopefully next week).

Goes to show that a little hard work and persistence pays off.  Silver is absolutely the way to go.  

Leica UK online store had the camera available to buy after 2pm (UK) and for a good portion of the afternoon on the 13th.

It seems that for the first time in a long time Leica stores received a higher quantity of stock for the launch date. Same as some Leica dealers.

Hopefully that might indicate a shorter waiting period as the dreadful 6-12 months of the past. 

21 hours ago, Stef63 said:

So one have to invade Belgium to get one…. We know how it ended the first two times.