Leica M11 Pre-order and Delivery Thread

wdahab

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Was on a wait list at Leica store Miami & a notify list at B&H. Never heard back from either & got tired of waiting since I have a Morocco trip coming up soon. I found a black one at the Leica Store Manchester (at at FANTASTIC price btw) & pulled the trigger & it should be here in a matter of days! I believe they still have a black & silver M11's in stock. When the Leica store Miami eventually calls, I just have them pass my reservation on to the next person on the list.

Edited by nrecob

I always sign up on the notify list at B&H on announcement day for a new Leica.  Then every 2 weeks I get an email from them saying they haven't forgotten me, but they don't have a camera to offer.  Eventually the emails stop coming. For the M11, I had leads from a Leica store (not Miami) and a local store, but caught one at Leica USA online.  When I have hints that a new model of interest is coming, I sign up at Popflash, 'cause they are old friends, but this time i was much too late.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:22 AM, nrecob said:

Was on a wait list at Leica store Miami & a notify list at B&H. Never heard back from either & got tired of waiting since I have a Morocco trip coming up soon. I found a black one at the Leica Store Manchester (at at FANTASTIC price btw) & pulled the trigger & it should be here in a matter of days! I believe they still have a black & silver M11's in stock. When the Leica store Miami eventually calls, I just have them pass my reservation on to the next person on the list.

Just curious did you have to pay additional import duties/taxes? Last time i ordered something from a UK seller, I had to pay some extra customs

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, rhan said:

Just curious did you have to pay additional import duties/taxes? Last time i ordered something from a UK seller, I had to pay some extra customs

Sorry to reply so late. Yes, I had to reimburse DHL [they paid the Customs at clearance] before I got the package. The fee was nominal-I've spent more renting golf clubs.

• Thanks 1

As expected the M11 is popping up with a bit more availability.  I bought my silver body directly from the Leica USA online shop and I recently bought a black one from a dealer (although NOT a Leica Store).

At moment, for example, Adorama shows imminent availability of a black body.  https://www.adorama.com/LCM11B.html   So even the larger dealers are getting a few in stock.

I was recently reminded by a dealer that Leica makes these things in relatively small batches so spurts and shortages are normal.  Even German elves must take time away, it seems.

Ordered a silver M11 on June 6 2022 from a small photo broker in Germany and had it in hand June 13 2022. All hail the US $ - with the current USD strength, the upside was a very competitive price when converting from Euro to USD. 

BTW, when paying in foreign currency by PayPal make sure to uncheck PayPal's offer to do to the currency conversion and "lock in the rate". Almost got ripped off to the tune of $400 by PayPal. Unchecked that box and had my credit card take care of the conversion - got the exact official spot rate with no foreign transaction fee or currency spread nonsense. 

Edited by ravinj
  • Like 2

I received a stock alert from BH Photo in early June for a black, I put it in my cart.  Was sold out by the time I moved money around.  I gambled that Adorama might get some Silver ones in soon after.  They allow to pre-order and pay in advance, for a place in line.  It worked, received my M11 Silver a few days after I pre-ordered.  June 15th.

I think that it is a US issue only. 
M11 is widely available in France in any Leica stores or shop in black or silver. 
Each shop even got several of them. 

At 8350€ VAT inc. it is now very hard to found more customers for M11. 
I really hope that they will launch a cheaper M11-S 24MP or 30MP soon. 

At least there is no production issue anymore. 
Just have to wait for the next shipment. 

Edited by nicci78

Called Leica DC and they had a silver M11 that someone put off buying after being on the list - I wanted the black version so got on the list and was told it would take maybe two weeks. I was contacted 6 days later, pulled the trigger and they shipped with the camera arriving two days later.

• 1 month later...

I was able to pick up my M11 and Visoflex in March, well before my trip to the Rocky Mountains in May and June. I like the pictures, but wish the GPS capability had been implemented. I am still waiting. I have found I tend to use my M10-R with its Visoflex because although the GPS functionality is slow as molasses in January and has a real problem in the tree canopy, having partial GPS functionality is better than none. The image quality isn’t that different. I typically keep a wide angle on my M10-R and a 50mm or longer on the M11. They are both light weight compared to my Nikon DSLRs and lenses, so unless I have a reason for choosing one of my Nikons, I find it easier to grab a Leica for a hike.