Leica M11 Pre-order and Delivery Thread

wdahab

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, 91ststudios said:

I preordered at B&H around noon on launch day and I was on a "rumors" list with the Washington D.C Leica store. Hoping one of them works out before the end of March. 

Update: Got a call from Leica DC today and they had a black M11 for me with an extra battery. Looking forward to receiving the camera next week!

On 1/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, Artin said:

I ordered mine at the Toronto dealer Downtown Camera on dec 24th.  Picked it up on January 13th.  Only 2 black bodies came in both were gone day 1.

Hi @Artin, I picked up the other black M11 from Downtown Camera. I was down there again today to get the Visoflex that came in. I’ve been lurking around the forum for a couple of years and have enjoyed everyone’s contributions. What a great community. I’m excited to get going with the new camera and plan to post pictures soon. Take care../Brgds, CW.

• Like 3

I placed an order for a black M11 at B&H on January 12th around noon EST. That order shipped this morning, so just to give an idea on availability with B&H. I remember the agent over the phone saying that had a lot of backorders already in the system, so they must have received a large shipment. 

Edited by 91ststudios

Just now, hdmesa said:

9am in what time zone?

Lol, good point. 9am EST (NY). So right at launch, as soon as their pre-order form went live. I could conceivably have been the first person to fill out the form, or close too it. The only advantage I had was knowing that they were going to be taking preorders through said form, so I hit them immediately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wdahab said:

Okay. Here we go, Leica Miami gave me an email that my camera arrived! I got on their list promptly at 9am so I was one of the first, but not an early ordered. Bodes well for arrival times for everyone. Gets here Thursday!

You must be on a roller coaster of emotion!  I was originally told that I would have to wait for the second shipment to get a silver m11 but then two days before, got an email confirming I would have one on launch day.  I believe I smiled slightly upon reading that!

1 minute ago, Photoworks said:

b & H shipped about 300 cameras..

they will have batteries soon.

Are you sure they shipped 300 m11 cameras?  I don't know if any Leica store has gotten that many since launch.  If I had to guess, I would say most Leica stores have gotten 2 shipments, 3 max, with shipments ranging from half a dozen to 2 dozen max.

32 minutes ago, M Journey said:

Are you sure they shipped 300 m11 cameras?  I don't know if any Leica store has gotten that many since launch.  If I had to guess, I would say most Leica stores have gotten 2 shipments, 3 max, with shipments ranging from half a dozen to 2 dozen max.

the Leica Store in NY said they had a good stock.. seams more then 2-3 cameras to me

1 minute ago, Photoworks said:

the Leica Store in NY said they had a good stock.. seams more then 2-3 cameras to me

sorry I meant 2-3 shipments, with half a dozen to 2 dozen per shipment.

Its a good thing B&H had 300 to ship already. More people getting their cameras.  

Ordered day of release around 11am EST in Toronto from Downtown Camera. Still waiting for my silver M11, apparently they only got a few of the black m11s, and none of the silver ones. Hoping to get one before March 🥲

I pre-ordered the silver M11 on BH Photo and Leica Miami at 2pm on the 13th, and 15th on Adorama, 19th on the waitlist of Leica New York SOHO, 20th on Samy’s camera. I'm still waiting for mine, bh and adorama told me Leica didn't give them the eta for the m11. Did anyone else purchase and receive it at about the same time?