24mm focal length - post your shots

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH, M10M

• Like 9

Threatening backdrop that would be less threatening if it had been shot with a different focal lens.
M10 + Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

I had hard time to shoot 25mm, close enough to 24mm. I just can’t get thing to look undistorted.

Mine is ZM 25mm, I believe it has less distortion than Leica 24mm. The problem is not in the lens, it is simply the matter of perspectives. In fact, it is mainly due to my holding of camera not squared towards the objects. 

Now I only shoot 24/25mm with EVF, what I see is  what I get, to avoid taking pictures I would not like. The original rangefinder won’t tell me that.

I have not compared ZM 25mm with other options yet, but  I think it is probably the best non-Leica for this focal range.

However, I see some Xmas light on the bright edge from ZM 25mm and 35mm, that is not from Leica MATE. I guess it is due to the high quality of ZM but without on -camera firmware corrections? 

If you are aware of the super wide angle perspective issues and not a problem to you, I think you will be very happy with ZM 25mm, probably more than any other  non-Leica  and Leica R 24mm in this FL.

I also suggest you look into Leica M 24mm too. … not R 24mm, 

• Thanks 1

Vienna

Leica M11 * Leica Summilux M 1.4/24 Asph * ISO 200 * f/2.0 * 1/125 sec * C1 Pro 23

• Like 10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Vienna Opera

Leica M11 * Leica Summilux M 1.4/24 Asph * ISO 64 * f/4.5 * 1/250 sec * C1 Pro 23

• Like 16

23 hours ago, Einst_Stein said:

I had hard time to shoot 25mm, close enough to 24mm. I just can’t get thing to look undistorted.

Mine is ZM 25mm, I believe it has less distortion than Leica 24mm. The problem is not in the lens, it is simply the matter of perspectives. In fact, it is mainly due to my holding of camera not squared towards the objects. 

Now I only shoot 24/25mm with EVF, what I see is  what I get, to avoid taking pictures I would not like. The original rangefinder won’t tell me that.

The bubble level in the Frankenfinder (Universal Wide-angle Viewfinder) is unforgiving and difficult to center but when you do, any distortion left is certain to be from the lens optics or your environments flaws. It's a monstrosity but it is also a genuinely helpful tool.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Andy_Shields said:

The bubble level in the Frankenfinder (Universal Wide-angle Viewfinder) is unforgiving and difficult to center but when you do, any distortion left is certain to be from the lens optics or your environments flaws. It's a monstrosity but it is also a genuinely helpful tool.

You are absolutely right. Just see the pictures S/W just posted, how beautiful.

The difficulty I have is to find a right stand, so that my camera can face the scene squarely.  Take the above S/W for example, he was not standing on the ground. I guess he was on the third floor or something. I had some cathedral pictures I took standing high that the camera was tilted down. Equally bad. 

Some of these problems might be fixed in PS, some might be with tilt and shift lens, but I don’t like. I feel they look unnatural. 

2 minutes ago, Einst_Stein said:

You are absolutely right. Just see the pictures S/W just posted, how beautiful.

The difficulty I have is to find a right stand, so that my camera can face the scene squarely.  Take the above S/W for example, he was not standing on the ground. I guess he was on the third floor or something. I had some cathedral pictures I took standing high that the camera was tilted down. Equally bad. 

Some of these problems might be fixed in PS, some might be with tilt and shift lens, but I don’t like. I feel they look unnatural. 

Ah, I see what you mean. The main reason I picked up the Frankenfinder was to shoot 16mm and these type of issues still pop up. Not to mention that once you go into portrait orientation the bubble no longer helps in the finder. 

Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH., M10-P

Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH., M10 Monochrom

• Like 17

• Like 4

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

What would I have done without my Elmarit 24 in Buchara, Uzbekistan? 

• Like 11

Chania, Crete. Elmarit 24 with Monochrome1

• Like 10

I'm a big fan of 24mm for street photography. You can get a much more immediate feel in the images.

Most of the shots in my New York website gallery were taken with a 24.

https://www.brendandelaneyphotography.com/121eb6f785-gallery

Returning to Leica after a bit of a break and I was out today with the 35 lux, currently my only lens and I sorely missed a 24. Really torn though between the Elmarit and the Lux. I've owned both in the past and although I prefer the rendering of the Lux, many stopped down images are similar to the Elmarit and the Elmarit has the advantage of a tab so much faster to focus... I think 90% of the time I'd be happy with the cheaper lens, but that 10% is very special. Hmmm

The chimney is not distorted and really looks like this.
M10 + Elmarit-M 1:2,8/24 ASPH.

• Like 4

The 24/2.8ASPH.

• Like 8