M11 without baseplate: Do You really know, what this means?

elmars

9 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

OTOH,  at one time folks were saying, "It'll be a sad day if automobiles ever replace horses! ;)

Imagine a world where they have killed all horses because automobiles have replaced them.

Edited by SrMi

15 minutes ago, kwsmith45 said:

Lecia seems to be evolving away from the rangefinder, albeit slowly. It started with the 90 Elmar Macro that did away with the goggles, then perspective control that was added to live view on the M10, and now the new close focusing 35 APO. 

Leica make non-rangefinder cameras those of us that want those, but the M will not likely change that way. Goggles were replaced with a Macro ring,
that made sense and is a great improvement over goggles.
I have a new 35mm APO lens, it's a great leap forward in many ways and works fine on the M in the Rangefinder focal distances but requires Live View
for focusing closer than .07 meters as we know. Doesn't mean the Rangefinder is going away and these lenses work on the SL series cameras too.

We have Live View and an EVF to add on too, but seriously seems the Rangefinder is here to stay. I don't see anything that indicates that is changing.
It's the "heritage" of the M, I think this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Edited by roverover