What tripod for a M11?

mkur

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2023 at 4:50 AM, doc steel said:

A dumb question.

The M11 requires the same tripods as every other M camera ever succsessful used.

Actually, it is an intelligent question as the M11 is the first M to no longer have the bottom plate and also offer direct access to battery and card.  An important consideration in tripods / heads is whether one can access the M11's battery and card without having to dismount the camera from the tripod / head.

Posted (edited)

🙃

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thrid
  • Haha 1

Peak Design Carbon Fiber without a question.

• Lightweight but also Sturdy
  • Excellent compact design and great looking as well.  Packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
  • Mounting bracket works well with Leica M handgrip/L bracket.  Secure but yet very easy mounting and releasing of camera
  • Unique but extremely easy adjustments for height, level, angle, etc.
  • Works well with other Peak Design bags/accessories for carrying it
  • Compatible with the peak design anchors and straps for another optional carry method
  • Includes mounting bracket for mobile devise

Expensive but hands down the best tripod I have used and perfect for the M.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LikameLeica said:

Peak Design Carbon Fiber without a question.

• Lightweight but also Sturdy
  • Excellent compact design and great looking as well.  Packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
  • Mounting bracket works well with Leica M handgrip/L bracket.  Secure but yet very easy mounting and releasing of camera
  • Unique but extremely easy adjustments for height, level, angle, etc.
  • Works well with other Peak Design bags/accessories for carrying it
  • Compatible with the peak design anchors and straps for another optional carry method
  • Includes mounting bracket for mobile devise

Expensive but hands down the best tripod I have used and perfect for the M.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1495136-REG/peak_design_tt_cb_5_150_cf_1_carbon_fiber_travel_tripod.html

I have the Gitzo Mountaineer, System 3 Series, and Peak Design.  They are all excellent.  My System 3 is built like a tank but is the heaviest.  I used to carry the Mountaineer everywhere, but when I got the Peak Design, it became my everyday carrier, given its compact size and weight.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 4:31 PM, tedwill said:

I am curious about the Peak Design Travel Tripod and the M11 with the Handgrip.  The handgrip is arca Swiss compatible.  Is anyone using this combination?

I have used it with no problems-PD tripod is fiber and very light. I use other setups too, but mainly with my SL system.

As an aside about the M11 hand grip the rubber flap covering the battery compartment is terrific. If the grip is not wanted I am sure a machine shop nearby could cut it off so that the flap and A-S mount is still useful.🙃

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:09 AM, Ouroboros said:

Anything in carbon fibre that can cope with the load and the environment, extends high enough or low enough and does not rely on a centre column, especially a geared one, for height adjustment.

Gitzo in different sizes with Arca-Swiss heads do the job for me, but then I have absolutely zero interest in a 911.

Why? The 911 can get to your location faster than most.😁

Am 13.4.2024 um 01:26 schrieb michaelbrenner:

Negative review of the less expensive Gitzo GT1545T, but despite the review being negative, he has quite a few positive things to say about this handy tripod, which are worth considering.  

OMG, what is that feller boaring . .

3 hours ago, M11 for me said:

OMG, what is that feller boaring . .

Generally, I prefer my own reviews (to myself) rather than some influencer who is trying to get more clicks so that Youtube can pass on to him 10 cents more or whatever.

What a world we live in today where no one has their own opinion, just the opinions of others.🫠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For a minimal travel kit, I like the Really Right Stuff Mini Pocket Pod. Flexible and sturdy. For ball head, I’ve been using the Leica one, which is nice but heavy. I am looking for a lighter weight, smaller head now. Even one of those cheap micro heads will do. A heavy ball head is unnecessary given the minimal weight of the M with a small M lenses attached.