Help to authenticate a 35 Summilux V1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 minutes ago, luigi bertolotti said:

really old for a black ! Similar to the 1765620 (https://www.leitz-auction.com/auction/en/auctions/auction23a ) .. which has the triangle white filled... but I think that Ontario factory, for those "special order" items,,, didn't follow strict work instructions... 🙄 ... "Canada" vs. "CANADA" is another example... and the red dot too... I thought that all the 1.77x.xxx and before had the dot painted ... but saw a 1765xxx with the plastic one (which could have been glued on later, of course)

This thread has become so rich in information that it will end being the certificate of my black steel rim ! 

All these guys who tried to tell me that mine was a fake because it had subtle differences didn't actually really understand the history of that lens. 

Thanks guys. 

I also have 1765615 in my files, also black, but it is a goggled one with the goggles removed. 1765699 is also black. These are the earliest ones in my files. I guess the black ones were not made as a batch, but just one or two every time.

Wonderful users lens!

gelatin silver print (summilux 35mm f1.4 steel rim v1) leica mp

Erik.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Erik van Straten said:

I also have 1765615 in my files, also black, but it is a goggled one with the goggles removed. 1765699 is also black. These are the earliest ones in my files. I guess the black ones were not made as a batch, but just one or two every time.

Wonderful users lens!

gelatin silver print (summilux 35mm f1.4 steel rim v1) leica mp

Erik.

What do you mean in your files ?! You mean you own them ? I would die for a black modified M3 one.

Great photo. 

2 hours ago, Steven said:

What do you mean in your files ?! You mean you own them ? I would die for a black modified M3 one.

Great photo. 

I think it means that he tracks on a spreadsheet the items he finds "around" (auctions, dealers, ebay, various documents..) : is a not rare attitude for lenses that weren't made in great numbers and one is intrigued by... 😉 (me too have such files for 3 items : Elmarit 28 1st, Tele Elmarit 180 for Visoflex, Telyt-S 800)  ... fad of passionates... 😁

Edited by luigi bertolotti

10 minutes ago, luigi bertolotti said:

I think it means that he tracks on a spreadsheet the items he finds "around" (auctions, dealers, ebay, various documents..) : is a not rare attitude for lenses that weren't made in great numbers and one is intrigued by... 😉 (me too have such files for 3 items : Elmarit 28 1st, Tele Elmarit 180 for Visoflex, Telyt-S 800)  ... fad of passionates... 😁

Oh! Wow. We found someone crazier than me about the summilux Pre asph v1 and 2  😂 

Yes, I followed the items I was interested in. It is easy with lenses. You simply note the number, copy the picture and put in a dedicated map. Very useful and funny. I do the same with cameras. It is also educational. You gain a lot of knowledge.

gelatin silver print (summilux 35mm f1.4 steelrim v2) leica m5

Erik.

Edited by Erik van Straten
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 minutes ago, Erik van Straten said:

Yes, I followed the items I was interested in. It is easy with lenses. You simply note the number, copy the picture and put in a dedicated map. Very useful and funny. I do the same with cameras. It is also educational. You gain a lot of knowledge.

gelatin silver print (summilux 35mm f1.4 steelrim v2) leica m5

Erik.

This is brilliant ! 
I’m travelling right now, but when I get home I’ll give you the numbers and photos of all my steel rims, if that can be useful to you. 
I also love that you attach a photo to every post. Bravo. 

1 hour ago, Pyrogallol said:

All this reading makes me want one. I have an ordinary 35mm Summilux 2392*** but have hardly used it as most of my 35mm lenses are Summarons, about 12, plus Canons and Nikons in Leica screw.

12 Sumarons ? I loved this lens a lot when I had it. I took one of my favorite pictures of my kids with it. I ended up selling it for the 8e, thinking that it offered the same ergonomic, same rendering at f2.8, and an extra stop of light. Also seemed like a better investment because of the sky rocketing value of that lens, but I still don’t know if I made the right move. 

I've had two 35 Summicrons 8 elements, one with the goggles and the other without. I sold them however (with a huge profit). I've got for free a prototype of the LLL 8 elements in black paint. I like that one very much. I also have two Voigtländer Ultrons, version 1 and 2. I like version 1 because I can use it on my LTM's. Version II is superb, but it is a chrome one, so a bit heavy.

gelatin silver print (ultron 35mm f1.7 ltm) leica m2

Erik.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyrogallol said:

All this reading makes me want one. I have an ordinary 35mm Summilux 2392*** but have hardly used it as most of my 35mm lenses are Summarons, about 12, plus Canons and Nikons in Leica screw.

Well, I don’t have any 35 Summiluxes or Summicrons, they are a little out of my league, but I do have two 35/2.8 Summarons. When i bought the second for $350 AUD (over 15 years ago) I never thought it would become remotely collectible. How times change!

1 hour ago, Erik van Straten said:

I've had two 35 Summicrons 8 elements, one with the goggles and the other without. I sold them however (with a huge profit). I've got for free a prototype of the LLL 8 elements in black paint. I like that one very much. I also have two Voigtländer Ultrons, version 1 and 2. I like version 1 because I can use it on my LTM's. Version II is superb, but it is a chrome one, so a bit heavy.

gelatin silver print (ultron 35mm f1.7 ltm) leica m2

Erik.

Lovely rendering indeed. 

• 1 year later...

Hi! I also got the same lens from Setadel 2 years back. Is mine real or fake?

One in more googled

• Like 1