Any updates or insight on the APO 24 production?

hellobrandonscott

Maybe they first roll out a new smallish f2.8 50mm lens, because there are just too few 50mm lenses  :D

For me also a 24mm lens was in the waiting to have the 24-35-75 set up. However, I've meanwhile bought the Sigma 3.5 24mm, and it is in fact so nice, small and good enough, that I might skip the Leica and spend the money for something else (especially as I also have the huge but really good 24-90 and just bought in a mood the Panasonic 1.8 50, which is also nice as cheapish and light 50, but has some harsh rendering for distant objects- for people however it is quite nice - again however, here the Summicron-SLs really show in comparison how great they are). 

To the question: I've asked some people I know, and got no answer - not even a hint. So I would not hold my breath. 

Once it is out, it will for sure be a great lens, as the other Summicron SLs are. 

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrFriendly said:

I've been waiting for the release of the 24mm Summicron-SL too, and I hope there is also a 24mm Summilux-SL in the works 😁.

Damn a 24mm summilux sounds amazing lol.  I used to have a Fuji xf 16mm 1.4 (crop sensor), was also one of my favorite focal lengths especially for food shots 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cheekz4dayz said:

Damn a 24mm summilux sounds amazing lol.  I used to have a Fuji xf 16mm 1.4 (crop sensor), was also one of my favorite focal lengths especially for food shots 🙂

I still have the Fuji xf 16mm f/1.4, and its minimum focus distance is a plus, but it's not as magical as my 24mm Summilux-M (I think its aperture translates to f/2 or maybe even f/2.8 on 35mm).

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, cheekz4dayz said:

especially for food shots

Have always thought standard to short tele were the go-to lenses for food - the wide angle wide aperture option sounds intriguing - do you have any sample images (even from the ...ahem... Fuji? 😉 

On 9/28/2021 at 11:22 AM, PCPix said:

Have always thought standard to short tele were the go-to lenses for food - the wide angle wide aperture option sounds intriguing - do you have any sample images (even from the ...ahem... Fuji? 😉 

Here is one from my Fuji X-Pro3 and 16mm XF F1.4 wide open:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1