pele2010

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey, 

I miss something that most prof cameras have. A push front wheel ! 
any thoughts on this? It’s much easier to select the shutter on a frontwheel then putting the finger all the way up to the sl2 frontwheel. And it would free the top wheel to do other stuff. You would barely see it. And you would have two pushwheels for execution of tasks. 

what do you think ? 

stupid 

don’t Need that 

Yeah Great 👍 

thanxs 

Peter Lund 

www.eachfilm.de

I never had a front push wheel on all my camera.

anyway, I don't need it. 

some considerations to the correct front wheel. It is metal, and it is not connected to the camera internal . this is operated by magnets and it makes for good wheather proofing.

It is easily operated and different condition, even with big glows. Don't think you can do that with your suggestion.

You can choose which wheel you use? 
what has the construction of the wheel have to do with ergonomics? 
if you use gloves you can still use the front wheel! 
i assume that you use finger gloves or gloves where you can remove the fingertips. 
so you have a backwheel but you find a frontwheel unnecessary? 

it’s definitely easier to reach. 

Ok , I checked this morning and after changing the direction of the wheel I found that this made it feel wired for me. If it turns to the right it should decrease the time (shorter exp) and if turned to the left it should increase the time (longer exp) . I was constantly turning it into the wrong direction because of all the years I was using other brands. 
As I see on the M it’s the other way around. So maybe I will switch this mode if working with both cameras together. 

I was checking the ergonomics and maybe I need more practice on the camera. 

so what I found is, that if I move the finger back and not use the full front of the finger for the shutter, it moves the finger more towards the front dial. 
That position is quite nice, but it’s in between, so I have to check it under stress. 

under stress I just react to things and my unconscious takes over. 

So thanxs for the discussion 

peter 

3 hours ago, pele2010 said:

Isn’t that by design? 

not really, the design intent is to be able to assign one of the wheels to zoom and the other to shutter speed, but regardless of what you may pick, the effect is that both control zoom : (

it is totally by design..

what you keep suggesting everywhere only makes sense for your need, but it is not logical.
there are multiple thoughts behind the usability and menu structure..

You could say the same think to why you can not adjust exposer once Focus Zoom is activated.

but you should express your views with an email to Leica, they will read it.