Has the 100-400 a firmware update?

jaapv

I believe the 100-400 had recent firmware update for function with the Sigma FpL.. don't think it bought any benefit for CL/SL2.

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/c020_100_400_5_63/?tab=support&local=firmware

If there are any useful firmware updates it would be good to know.  Seems instructions for the above update is via body not dock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jaapv said:

However, the dock does function for AF speed adjust.

SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11

By connecting the lens to SIGMA USB DOCK (sold separately / for L-Mount only), which was newly developed exclusively for the use with mirrorless cameras, users can adjust the amount of focus movement when operating the focus ring on exclusive SIGMA Optimization Pro software, which allows users to adjust focus in their preferred timing in MF mode.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You're right, it was from memory. Anyway, it does not matter, I just tried it after digging it out: It does not work under Big Sur, not on Silicon nor on Intel.

• Like 1

I applied the update via the dock--or at least I was told it was successfully applied--tried the lens and no change in results. (I suppose none was promised in the update.) Still outstanding at 100 and disappointing at 400. So I put the lens out for bid, got an excellent offer and shipped it today. Almost enough for the Voigtlander 75 f/1.5 Nokton.

Edited by bags27
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...