Leica Q2 Mono - M Mono - Monochrom (Typ 246)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you own a Leica M Monochron and its successor and you're toying with the Q2M because it has autofocus and stabilizer, is that justified? It's all about image quality and the monochrome conversion (CCD - CMOS).

Does anyone have experience and can give it here briefly and succinctly?

I owned the Leica M Monochrom and now have the M10 Monochrom and M10P.  I also have the Canon R5 and Sony A7R4 as my non-RF systems.  Image stabilization comes into play - for me - when I am using slower shutter speeds or long lenses for action or wildlife pictures.  Otherwise, the M series works just fine.  As for AF, that increases my hit ratio quite a bit when I am under pressure to get the shot or working in tough situations.  Especially because my eye sight is not what it use to be.  For me - the eye detection technology (for humans and animals) is a game changer.  Tracking and eye detection on modern mirrorless or DSLR systems are fantastic.  I believe camera systems are like tools and each has its place depending on your particular need or anticipated use.  You should test drive the Leica AF systems for a day to get an idea of what you may be gaining or missing.  

• Like 1