PX..Olympus EM1:2 + 5 lenses for TL 55-135mm + little cash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And I mean a 'little' cash.......seems crazy when written down, but I've had a satisfactory PX offer....well........

Does one ever get a satisfactory PX offer, but at least I rid of it all in one foul swoop.

I'm 76, been at this AP nonsence for 60 years plus.

It's difficult for me to remember when I had so much fun and enjoyment with a camera as I have with the new CL/18-56, I think I'd have to go back to 'the-day' and my Nikon F2A. 

Now I eagerly await the TL 55-135mm :) but it's out of stock :( till 1st of May.

Edited by Dave in Wales

One piece at a time, I've been selling off my Olympus gear too. I'm just so loathe to sell the E-1 and its 11-22, 25, 35 macro, and 50-200 lens, and the same lenses work so well on the E-M1 as well. Sigh. 

I did give my E-PL7 and two zoom lens mini kit to my niece.... :D It has so little value on the used market I'd much rather give it to someone who will make use of it and learn from it. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My m43 lenses nearly all went to Clifton Cameras because they made it so easy. The Voigtlander 10.5 Nocticron, Panasonic 7-14 and the Oly 12 f1.8 went to eBay after serving me well because they commanded a good price there. I tried not to think about what I’d paid for them. 

Ive kept my EM1 mk 1 for sentimental reasons along with the Samyang 7.5 FE. There’s no real monetary value in either and I enjoy using the fisheye and haven’t found one yet for the CL.

I’ve not a single regret though after more than a year with this system and you won’t have either.

11 hours ago, Dippy said:

My m43 lenses nearly all went to Clifton Cameras because they made it so easy. The Voigtlander 10.5 Nocticron, Panasonic 7-14 and the Oly 12 f1.8 went to eBay after serving me well because they commanded a good price there. I tried not to think about what I’d paid for them. 

Ive kept my EM1 mk 1 for sentimental reasons along with the Samyang 7.5 FE. There’s no real monetary value in either and I enjoy using the fisheye and haven’t found one yet for the CL.

I’ve not a single regret though after more than a year with this system and you won’t have either.

I've had the CL+18-56 for just over a week, no regrets, I'm loving it, and eagerly await the 55-135. 

Well.......may be just one, ''in camera focus stacking'...but I can live without it.

The 55-135 must be a cut-above from what owners have reported on here, NONE had a bad word to say about it, quite the reverse in fact.

It's difficult for me to put into words.... the Leica ethos, I think 'simplicity' sums it up.

The CL, I think, would make the ideal camera for 'Fed Flintstone'...it just takes pictures, end-off, no bells and whistles, just blinking good pictures.

After sixty'ish years of AP this is my first Leica..... it's......it's just different somehow.

BTW...another word that sums up Leica from a raw newbie...is 'idiosyncratic'.

Edited by Dave in Wales
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

no regrets

but i still haven't gone longer than 18-56 as unsure of my stability without help

fancy something around 135mm for occasional use, happy with manual focus as it would be only taken out occasionally 

toying with the idea of cheap Russian lens for that reason

crazy?

I have quite a bit of Oly gear, and really like the lenses.  When I price the individual units, the amount that I would receive scarcely seems worth the effort of doing an E-Bay binge.   But some Fuji equipment might make it out the door.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

On 10/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, huwm said:

no regrets

but i still haven't gone longer than 18-56 as unsure of my stability without help

fancy something around 135mm for occasional use, happy with manual focus as it would be only taken out occasionally 

toying with the idea of cheap Russian lens for that reason

crazy?

Shouldn't be hard to hold a 135 at around 1/200 or 1/400 of a second. I skipped 135 and adapted a 200 Telyt which I find is fine at 1/400. If light is sketchy then raise the ISO, I generally don't go beyond 400 ISO, have used 800 on occasion, and have explored higher ISOs. But below 400 ISO the CL creates great photos. Don't think I have ever used a tripod with the 200.

Russian lenses look like fun but older Leitz 135s aren't expensive 4.5 Hektors are cheap, Elmar and Tele-Elmars even 2.8 Elmarits can be found under $400, some under $200.

Good luck

6 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

UPDATE.........I missed the EM-1 Mkll + 12-100mm Pro so much for its IS capabilities that I purchased another one. :)

Lol! Well that makes me feel better about wanting to buy one. I love the images from my cl, but... that 12-100 sounds awesome along with a few other positive qualities to the em-1

I rented an Oly this week, and it certainly has high merit.  Workflow wise, I like it far better than my CL.  It's easy to hold, the controls make fast sense, and the auto-focus is reliable and stupidly lightening fast.  It makes intelligent decisions.

Image quality wise, I prefer the CL overall but in quite a few cases, I wouldn't be able to discern which photo came from which camera.  If the CL had the auto-focusing of the Oly.. that would be amazing.

• Like 1

just been reviewing before and after photos(oly and Leica) and I really don't understand why you could go back to oly

I mean the ibis is great and af fast fast etc. but ......

maybe meet up

have a gander at lee aspland mindfulness books to re adjust, or not, your choice

I've deliberately chosen to change and have found it to be massively beneficial, not just purely photographically speaking

Might find myself going back to film soon

just been reviewing before and after photos(oly and Leica) and I really don't understand why you could go back to oly

maybe meet up

have a gander at lee aspland mindfulness books to re adjust, or not, your choice

I've deliberately chosen to change and have found it to be massively beneficial, not just purely photographically speaking

On 10/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, huwm said:

maybe meet up

I think it boils down to use case.  99% of my photos are taken of a small child who moves rapidly.  In these cases, I found the auto focus of the Oly (and the Fuji XT-3 for that matter) to have a much higher and faster hit rate.  Then I have to add some merit to overall focal length of their zoom line up... to go from 12 to 100mm rapidly in a single lens helps in situations where your child moves away from you fast - out doors for instance, and all of this in a rather small form factor with excellent weather sealing.  I'm also generally juggling other things physically..  hold my hand, let me hold your water,  let me get that out of the bag for you... so one handed shooting happens - sometimes without even seeing the screen or the viewfinder holding the camera from fingertips at knee level, and the extra grip helps much there.

I also gave the Oly a run with strobes, and it performed nicely in those ideal conditions.  Where it fell apart was in high dynamic range situations... full sun, etc..

• Like 1