Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, jimleicam3 said:

Any news on when the Q2 will ship in the US?

I pinged the Leica USA online store on 1 March to ask about a pre-order list and got a politely evasive response, given there had not yet been a formal announcement.  Asked again the day of the announcement, and was told the "unofficial list" was now official.  They then contacted me this last Tuesday to say they had set one of their very limited stock aside for me, and it is now set to arrive today.  GREAT customer service!

10 minutes ago, jon m said:

Wow, that's fantastic.  I was on a pre-order list on Feb 25 but still no word, wish I knew what magic you did!

I contacted Mr. Singer of "The Key" and told him my plight.  We faked a few images of me doing an awesome photo shoot of an obscure sport, and the soccer coach at Yale talked to the folks at Leica USA online...  😉

(Just kidding, of course, for the record!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, reynoldsyoung said:

Was notified (after I ask) by email.

Thanks.  I ordered the day after you from B&H.  Of course who knows how many others did also.  Regardless, I doubt the wait will be months and months as was the case with the original Q.  

2 hours ago, reynoldsyoung said:

March 7 from B&H

May I ask what time of day?  I ordered mine at 9:24am Eastern and I’m wondering where I might be in line.  I’m sure there were lots of orders that day.  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, T.J. said:

May I ask what time of day?  I ordered mine at 9:24am Eastern and I’m wondering where I might be in line.  I’m sure there were lots of orders that day.  Thanks!

I was slow to decide and didn’t order until March 9th. I just sent an email to B&H. I’ll post their response when received. I’m not optimistic before end of April / early May. 

27 minutes ago, nariza7 said:

Oh wow, so shipments are usually in the single digits sometimes eh? sigh

They said they had asked for 10 in their initial shipment, but it got cut in half. I’ve seen other stores in Stockholm also get deliveries, so there’s double digits deliveries for the city at least.

• Like 1

Hi,

First time post. I’ve been lurking in the Leica Forum for the past couple of months as I first looked into buying a used M240/262/10 or possibly a Q. Tons of helpful info here...thanks!

As the Q2 rumors heated up, I realized that was going to be my first entry into the Leica world. Jeremy at Bergen County Camera in Westwood NJ patiently helped me out during this time period. When the Q2 was announced I finally pulled the trigger. Mine arrived last Thursday (3/14) and I’ve been happily shooting and learning the ins and outs of the camera since that time.

I chimed in on a similar thread on DPR and figured I’d do the same here. I’ve bought plenty of gear from B&H over the years and have nothing but positive things to say for them as well as other NY/NJ stores (e.g. Unique Photo and Adorama). I was at B&H early last week and they told me the waiting list was already around 300 (no idea if the person who told me had accurate info). Anyway, I’ve generally found that for hot new items, it’s often better to go to smaller local stores as being on a short list at these stores will likely get filled much more quickly than being #250 of #300 at a mega store.

I have zero affiliations with Bergen County Camera (BCC) and am only highlighting them here because a) Jeremy was very helpful in educating me about Leica, b) BCC is an authorized NJ Leica dealer (Leica Boutique) and c) I received my Q2 in a blazing seven days after the product was announced.  I spoke to Jeremy two days ago. While they don't currently have any units available, having sold through their first batch, I'd suggest giving him a call to see when they expect to get more Q2s in stock.

Hope this helps.

Steve

FYI for B&H purchasers: it looks like they will tell you an estimated ship date if you ask them and it's soon enough that they have one already in the pipeline with your name on it. I ordered March 7th early in the day, and just heard back a few minutes ago that "your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 4/1". So, I guess that also gives an idea of where you might stand if you _didn't_ order on launch day.