Advertisement (gone after registration)

Frozen Falls, taken one year ago at Kirjufellsfoss during a Workshop One-on-One I led in Iceland. Leica M10, Voigtlander 10mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

On 12/19/2018 at 2:33 PM, stuny said:

Beautiful

Thank you very much Stuart! :)

On 12/19/2018 at 6:34 PM, newnew said:

Very nice. This said I have difficulty to define the scale. Are these falls very high ?

Thank you very much Ali, no the falls are not very high, a few meters at most.

12 hours ago, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

Beautiful indeed!

Thank you very much indeed Graham! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, BlackDE said:

Oustanding!!

May I ask, what filter from Formatt Hightech exactly did you use?

Cheers,

Bernhard

Thank you very much Bernhard, I am glad you enjoyed it! :) About your inquiry, I used  Grad ND and solid ND filters, I am sorry but I don't remember the exact strength of either of them though... hope this helps!

Best regards,

Vieri

Very nice indeed. I guess you shot this from the base of the waterfall? It was very icy and slippery, so I didn't dare go to the base. I shot it from a higher level, looking down onto the falls, with SL & 16mm ZM. Since it was cloudy and not much of a sunrise, it's not as spectacular as your pic, nevertheless, the experience at the falls is overwhelming. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 4:24 PM, su25 said:

Very nice indeed. I guess you shot this from the base of the waterfall? It was very icy and slippery, so I didn't dare go to the base. I shot it from a higher level, looking down onto the falls, with SL & 16mm ZM. Since it was cloudy and not much of a sunrise, it's not as spectacular as your pic, nevertheless, the experience at the falls is overwhelming. 

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :) No, I photographed from above as well, it was too dangerous to go down that day (though, I went down many times as well). Yes, the experience of that location (and of all Iceland, for that matter!) is truly overwhelming - such an amazing land! I can't wait to be there again next March with my next group! 

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fotografr said:

Truly spectacular work. I'd love to join you for one of your workshops in Iceland, but I've heard it's cold there. ;)

Thank you very much Brent, I am glad you enjoyed it! :) About Iceland, we are going in March if you are interested - one seat left! - and, as far as the cold, it is not certainly tropical, but it is less cold than I expected, to be honest, I guess the Gulf Stream has something to do with that perhaps... Still, nothing that a few layers of clothes can't fix, and it's most definitely worth it!

Best regards,

Vieri