What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I contacted ONA if they sell the red divider separately....meanwhile I found on Amazon red dividers that could match size wise...the color may not match exactly but that I'll find out once they have arrived. Maybe I'll take out the original one and put 2 of the ordered inside. I'll post a photo once I received the item.

When you get an answer from ONA could you please post it here... I have often thought about asking the same question but not got round to it.

I would love two full height red dividers and a couple of small dividers so I could set up my ONA Prince Street the same way I set up my Billingham Hadley Small.

Both are excellent... the ONA just looks good and doesn't scream 'camera'... the Billingham Hadley Small just works as a camera bag and is remarkably efficient in terms of the use of space.

If enough people are interested, I could take a couple of pictures of both bags loaded... I carry an M240P, a 35FLE, a 50 Lux and a 90 Elmarit along with a number of accessories, iPad, wallet, phone etc in both... although I tend to leave the bag in the car or hotel room and just take a body and lens out with me.

Originally I thought I would use either bag as a carry everywhere camera bag, but in practice its not what I do... so now I'm thinking I should just get a larger bag, the Ona Brixton,  so I can then carry my MacBook Pro in it as well (and et rid of my work laptop bag) and accept that I will always leave it in the car or a hotel room anyway... and maybe I should buy a Bowery for the times a small bag is useful... and just load what I need from the main bag.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in a direct comparison between a Prince Street and Hadley small, let me know... and Magic, please post a follow up... I'm interested.

Edited by Bill Livingston
  • Like 2

I own the Bowery and I easily fit 3 lenses. I would though NOT pack as in the picture above but turney by 90 degrees. Then you fit a 75 or 90mm plus 2 other lenses plus the loading unit and power cord. Ehat you need is an additional separator under the attached lens that carries the loading unit underneeth

Edited by Alex U.

Just received my M10 and I have always wanted a Fogg bag. I promised the wife I would sell some other bags in order to get one. Based on what I have read here and other places, the Last Waltz is my preference. I have reserved one and it should be here in a few weeks.

When you get an answer from ONA could you please post it here... I have often thought about asking the same question but not got round to it.

I would love two full height red dividers and a couple of small dividers so I could set up my ONA Prince Street the same way I set up my Billingham Hadley Small.

Both are excellent... the ONA just looks good and doesn't scream 'camera'... the Billingham Hadley Small just works as a camera bag and is remarkably efficient in terms of the use of space.

If enough people are interested, I could take a couple of pictures of both bags loaded... I carry an M240P, a 35FLE, a 50 Lux and a 90 Elmarit along with a number of accessories, iPad, wallet, phone etc in both... although I tend to leave the bag in the car or hotel room and just take a body and lens out with me.

Originally I thought I would use either bag as a carry everywhere camera bag, but in practice its not what I do... so now I'm thinking I should just get a larger bag, the Ona Brixton,  so I can then carry my MacBook Pro in it as well (and et rid of my work laptop bag) and accept that I will always leave it in the car or a hotel room anyway... and maybe I should buy a Bowery for the times a small bag is useful... and just load what I need from the main bag.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in a direct comparison between a Prince Street and Hadley small, let me know... and Magic, please post a follow up... I'm interested.

Could you please put some pictures as I'm thinking to get that bag?

Many hanks,

Fatih

I know this isn't really relevant here, but my Ona Bowery is proving very versatile. I went out a few days ago with a Leica III with an Elmar 50mm, a Leica Sofort and a YashicaMat LM. All fit very well in the Bowery. 7cdcb6a3e98b27cb910ae7f43ee1d828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mikemgb

I own the Bowery and I easily fit 3 lenses. I would though NOT pack as in the picture above but turney by 90 degrees. Then you fit a 75 or 90mm plus 2 other lenses plus the loading unit and power cord. Ehat you need is an additional separator under the attached lens that carries the loading unit underneeth

Do you lay the lenses or have them standing ? Can you post a photo of your configuration ?

@Bill Livingston - sure, once (if...) ONA replies, I will post it here.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just received my M10 and I have always wanted a Fogg bag. I promised the wife I would sell some other bags in order to get one. Based on what I have read here and other places, the Last Waltz is my preference. I have reserved one and it should be here in a few weeks.

By the look of it the Last Waltz will be perfect for your M10. I've owned the B Major for a number of years and it is unbelievably well designed. Fogg's are made to last at least one lifetime.

By the look of it the Last Waltz will be perfect for your M10. I've owned the B Major for a number of years and it is unbelievably well designed. Fogg's are made to last at least one lifetime.

That should take care of my time here easily. My other choice was the B Sharp but the Waltz is just a little taller.

Do you lay the lenses or have them standing ? Can you post a photo of your configuration ?

I am away at the moment but will show you next week. Just for now: My 2 lenses that are not mounted I have standing up. I have them packed in two very light little bags so that they do not tough each other.

That should take care of my time here easily. My other choice was the B Sharp but the Waltz is just a little taller.

If height is important I would check that. Last Waltz is slightly smaller in every dimension to the B Sharp according to Fogg website. E-mail Nigel and bee to check. Waltz looks lovely if you like lots of leather.

If height is important I would check that. Last Waltz is slightly smaller in every dimension to the B Sharp according to Fogg website. E-mail Nigel and bee to check. Waltz looks lovely if you like lots of leather.

I meant the b laika. It is a little taller and thinner and has a handle. I get very confused with the names. :unsure:

Now I found time to document quickly how i can pack my Bowery:

On the first picture you can see that on the left compartment I habe a second separator near the bottom (unfortunately in green color) under which I have placed the loading Unit without the cable (which I have on the other side with the lenses). Then you see on the right side that I have 2 lenses standing up (they could lie as well): There are the 24mm 2.0 and the 75mm 2.0 whereas the 50mm is on the camera. The cable I have normally at the bottom underneath the lenses. On the picture I pushed the cable down on the side so that you can see it.  Yyou see the camera in the bag on the 3rd picture (90mm lens would perfectly fit as well; on the picture I have the 50mm 1.4).

It gets fully clear that on the right side of the bag you could store even 3 lenses. The third one would be lying on top of the 2 standing ones. I would not consider this then ideal as they could scratch even though I have them in the small black bag that I got from the dealer together with the bag. The Leica store in Zurich did not charge me for those bags.

As a summary: The Bowery is for me absolutely ideal for the M10 including 3 lenses plus loading unit and A/C-cable (as a cable i have the Swiss version that has the very small plug. I don't know how big the plug is in the UK).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Alex U.
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, Alex.

As I promised, an update....ONA has not replied yet (and maybe never will....) but I ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Shockproof-Camera-Partition-Padded/dp/B00F27IEFY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1496842436&sr=8-8&keywords=koolertron+camera+bag

...and today it arrived.

This is, what's in the box:

divider1_zpsxnidogfk.jpg

It comes with 2 small und 2 large dividers, on the photo below, I put the original ONA-divider next to them...the color is not a huge mismatch, as you will see in the last photo.

divider2_zpszcpjuk6l.jpg

As you can see in the last photo, the large divider fits exactly into the ONA Bowery and the color is OK for me.

divider3_zpsltfi58qd.jpg

Billingham Hadley small, what I didn't like is it doesn't have outer pockets for your boarding pass, passport, papers etc, also it doesn't have small handle like its sibling hadley pro otherwise the size is perfect for M.

I have what looks to be an updated version of that bag called "Hadley Digital". It has a front pocket for your passport and papers. It kind of looks like your bag in the pic does too?

What they call "Hadley Small" now appears to be larger with dual front pockets. The Billingham website has lots of pics that show what can be stored in each model. They also have many more colours than are typically available through retailers like B&H.

Billingham are the best and I wouldn't buy any other brand. I'm always happy to wear it. They look even better in person and I always notice people looking and commenting to their friends or partners, discretely and in a good way.

One thing to be aware of however is I think there's a difference between what they call FibreNyte and the regular canvas, the former being a bit softer and better in my opinion. Not completely sure of the difference though.

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

I meant the b laika. It is a little taller and thinner and has a handle. I get very confused with the names. :unsure:

Fyi, I bought one recently, and the handle was not normally fitted; I had it as an extra. They may have changed the standard design, but it's worth checking.

Fyi, I bought one recently, and the handle was not normally fitted; I had it as an extra. They may have changed the standard design, but it's worth checking.

According to their website the handle is part of the bag and not an extra. I guess we will see.

According to their website the handle is part of the bag and not an extra. I guess we will see.

The post was not clear, but I think it was saying a handle was added to a b-liaka as an extra. The Last Waltz does come with a handle as standard, worry not.

• Like 1

OK - I think I found a configuration which I am happy with...I moved the M10 into the middle for better weight distribution and 1 lens on each side. As you can see on the first photo, I took 1 long and 1 short divider from the set that I bought and showed further above, and put it on the bottom so that body and lenses are better protected due to more damping material. Then I used the other short and the original divider to create the compartments:

IMG_5242_zpsv6dmdr90.jpg

IMG_5243_zps8cosxx99.jpg

On the second photo, it looks as if the bag is a bit bulging but you can easily close it.

• Like 1