What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nice.

Try the Domke shoulder pad which is also comfortable, but slanted in such a way that it makes it difficult for the bag to slide off your shoulder.

What is the strap?

Also, is that a cassette player on the right hand side?

The strap is the Billingham SP15.

That isn't a cassette player on the right hand side, rather It's a QNAP TVS-EC1080 NAS loaded with 8x 10TB drives with 2 spare bays for future expansion :-).

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/model.php?II=183

Edited by egrossman
  • Like 2

I've been using a hershel fanny pack across my chest with a small Domke gear wrap inside. An m10 fits with a Voigtländer 35mm lens and its hood on. Battery and cardreader/junk go in the front pocket.

I can never bring myself to leave the house with a real camera bag these days. Everyone in Brooklyn knows what a Leica is and wants to talk about it, so it's best to just hide the fact you have a camera at all.

91Edt1kNcXL._UX679_.jpg

• Like 1

...  Everyone in Brooklyn knows what a Leica is and wants to talk about it, so it's best to just hide the fact you have a camera at all.

I just noticed this. In the past nobody looked twice at my Leicas but I was playing tour guide for visiting friends the other day and several tourists asked about my M10. They were mostly Nikon toting 30 ish guys.

barefootphoto.gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can the ONA Prince Street hold the M10 body, two M lenses and a Q?  I need a bag to carry my equipment with me when I fly.  I'd like to have a bag that I can hold onto and keep with me (not in the overhead) during the flight.  In addition, I need it to hold my iPad, passport and some other smaller things.  Ideally I'd like to keep my headphones in there, too - but I think I would need to step up to the Brixton for that.  FWIW, I also have a Peak Design Everyday Backpack 30L that I keep most of my accessories and clothing in for short trips. 

I have an ONA bag. I think it is the Union St but can'r remember. I also Have a Billingham, Can't remember what that is either. I don't put a great store by names, just functionality.

I bought the ONA, reputedely as the same capacity as the Billingham, and because Liked the look of leather. It is nice, but it is too heavy, inflexible and the cover straps for the main flap are awkward to use. I am seriously of thinking of giving the ONA away (to my daughter) because it is simply not nearly as funtional as ther Billingham. I can fit at least 50% more gear in the Billingham than the ONA of same size. I don't recommend over stuffing any bag of course, because then it becomes non-funtional. I use my Billingham for travel by fitting three camera bodies (Leicas), I think four lenses and much other bits and pieces. However, for day to day shooting I use a small Fogg bag with three lenses.  To actually travel, the Fogg is stuffed with socks and underwear and packed in my main (hold) case. The Billingham has ALL my camera gear and travels with me in the overhead locker. I simply 'cherry pick' from the Billingham once on location, or even just wear a belt pouch or two and no bag.

I would never use a backpack to work from. Sooo inaccessible on your back, except maybe to theives. However, it would work for travel between locations, maybe. This is very much personal preference and work style of course.

• Like 2

I have a new found fetish for ONA leather bags  :rolleyes: .

It all started with a leather Union Street as my daily work brief case carrying a 15" MacBook Pro and 12" iPad Pro and whatever else photography I cared to put in there.

It is without doubt an expensive bag at full tag price but given the offer I found it at, it has proved to be a wonderful stylish and hard wearing daily carry for the past 2 years.

I then found an immaculate, but very cheap Leather Princess St on eBay and that was used for my camera & lenses at the weekend, Not as large as the Union St, but still capable of carrying Leica or Sony setups with plenty of room.

The only thing I don't like about it is the open 2 front pockets (less secure  and the fact there is no side pockets. Overall the bag is lacking in any storage dedicated to cards, leads or batteries. Rather just two large pockets and a document slip back pocket.

I also found a very cheap ONA Berlin II Leica edition on eBay and that has become my preferred weekend bag. A smaller version of my Union St with all the organisation I've been accustomed to with that bag. Zipped front pocket and 2 slip side pockets and the slip rear document pocket. Not as roomy as the Princess St, but Ideal as a Leica + 2/3 Lenses and plenty of accessories and personal stuff.

In answer to your question, the Princess St could easily carry Q, M10 with lens attached and another lens. Everything else you add after that iPad, cards, battery, leads, personal items will just add to the bulk.

"I vote for the good old DOMKE F-6 olive canvas" 

Ditto. I love my old F-6. I used to tote my M6 and my M3 on either side of the center insert. Great solution. It’s been out of use for some time while I was cheating on Leica with Nikon. After breaking my up with Nikon, though, I’m back with Leica, and my F-6.

Edited by Bison

However, for day to day shooting I use a small Fogg bag with three lenses.  To actually travel, the Fogg is stuffed with socks and underwear and packed in my main (hold) case. The Billingham has ALL my camera gear and travels with me in the overhead locker. I simply 'cherry pick' from the Billingham once on location, or even just wear a belt pouch or two and no bag.

I would never use a backpack to work from. Sooo inaccessible on your back, except maybe to theives. However, it would work for travel between locations, maybe. This is very much personal preference and work style of course.

I do just the same with my Fogg B-Laika - pack it with socks and underwear in the hold . .  and put the cameras in something bigger as cabin luggage. 

• Like 1

I do just the same with my Fogg B-Laika - pack it with socks and underwear in the hold . .  and put the cameras in something bigger as cabin luggage. 

We should travel together more often! LOL

• Like 1

Here's my Dome F-6 configured for the M10 on the left, two extra lenses in the two compartments to the right of the camera, a flash and changer (and extra battery in the next row of spare compartments. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Bison
  • Like 1

It would be so good to meet up again sometime John.

Forget about the ‘travel together’ bit - I like the ‘supper and a bottle of wine’ bit!

I think we should slip lunch in there as well!

Great thread! love many of the bags you guys own and some very inspiring storage solution.

My daily is a Billingham Hadley small, for backpack I use Peak Design and Mindshift Rotation.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A slight twist on the same theme.  I've recently been using the 21 SEM and 90 Macro Elmar for a project and need the Visoflex attached to the M10 most of the time.  My current Domke satchel just doesn't work for this, and neither does my old A&A.  What does a brilliant job, however, is the LowePro Passport Sling III.  This doesn't look like a camera bag, has just the right size padded (and removable) interior liner for an M + lens + Visoflex / extra lens + lots of space for hats, scarves etc + a secure inner pocket for passport / keys / cash etc..  It's not expensive (check WEX if you're in the UK) and has radically changed the way I carry stuff. 

Not like me to enthuse about a bag - but I really like this one! :)

Edited by chris_tribble
  • Like 2