What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

I got it now. Of course I considered the weight. Then I saw that the comparable Retrospective 5 from Thinktank with about the same measures is the same weight of about 1 kg. Thanks to the photographs above I could see that my gear will fits perfectly: the 75 Summicron fits even across so that in that compartment you fit easily 2 lenses plus cam with lens mounted. And that mounted lens can easily be a 90 mm.

So, I have it now. Its extremely comfortable to carry and to take the cam out or put it in. I don't know any other bag being so small anf fit so exactly and perfectly the Leica M10 gear. Its made for it.

I was in Zurich the whole afternoon with the new bag taking photographs. I am extemely hapy. Thank you for your help and support. I understand though the colleagues minding the weight. Of course many among us have a Leica because of the weight after working for many years with Canicon and its big lenses. I mind the weight too. Nevertheless carrying a Leica is different to carrying my 5D as it is much smaller and much better balanced.

well, Im a bag whore...so Ive had a dozen bags since then :)

But my daily is Fogg's The Last Waltz

Look at posts #73 and #80

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/268434-what-bag-for-the-m10/?p=3234489

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/268434-what-bag-for-the-m10/?p=3235091

I immediately replaced the ONA with a Fogg b-laika...similar size bags...but I quickly outgrew the smaller bag and wanted a slightly larger option. The Last Waltz is the perfect size IMO.

I have owned a lot of camera bags and currently own a Ona Brixton, Filson Magnum Messenger bag, Filson Harvey Backpack, and Filson Harvey Camera Messenger bag... In the past I've also owned camera bags from Thinktank, Wotancraft, Billingham, Tom Bihn and others that I'm sure I'm not remembering.  As you can see I have a bit of a soft spot when it comes to bags...  :)

Anyway, right now my favorite bag by far is the Filson Harvey Messenger.  It's discontinued right now but from time to time you can find one on eBay.  I like it because it's lightweight and comes with a padded insert and has just enough room inside for a 13" laptop or large iPad Pro in a back section of the bag and the rest of the bag still allows space for a M + 2-3 lenses and even another rangefinder sized body if needed.  I also like that it does not look like a traditional camera bag and if I take out the insert then it can indeed be used as just a regular old messenger bag.  Filson is also great with customer support... In fact, I just sent it back to get a few little holes repaired free of charge!

• Like 1

I just bought a leather ona bag with red interior. Excited to try it out with m gear.

Did you get the Bowery, or one of the other Ona models, Eric?  I find myself picking up the leather Bowery every time I walk into the local Leica Store.  And, then, thinking about the weight, putting it back.

Will be interested in your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it a time or two.

Beautiful bag too. But around 1kg as well unfortunately.

I collect bags too. Have the Hadley Pro in black, the new Billingham rucksack 35 and I also have a lovely Croots Byland cartridge case. The case to fit the need, so when travelling and taking everything the rucksack and in suitcase goes the Byland. The Byland is used to carry the lenses, I have an ever-ready type leather cover for the M10. 

Did you get the Bowery, or one of the other Ona models, Eric? I find myself picking up the leather Bowery every time I walk into the local Leica Store. And, then, thinking about the weight, putting it back.

Will be interested in your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it a time or two.

I have every Ona bag. In leather. I love the bowery as a quick gig bag where I grab a body and 2 lenses.

The leather is soft but very resilient giving me confidence that when I bang the bag into a door frame I don't have to worry.

The weight is not an issue. Very grab and go.

• Like 1

I love the Billingham M bag. It holds everything you see in this photo. Water resistant, takes a beating, comfortable to carry and women love it. I can't count the number of times I've been out walking with it and a beautiful woman has said something like, "Hey, nice.....bag."

Some reasoning potentially ...

p1395579343-5.jpg

• Like 1

i am also looking for a really small bag to fit M10 w/lens + 1 more lens and wallet... 

Billingham 107, fits perfectly für two bodies with lenses (I own the 24 / 1.4 and the black chrome summilux) and a flash - and still there is room left.

• Like 1

i am also looking for a really small bag to fit M10 w/lens + 1 more lens and wallet...

Billingham Hadley Digital is ideal, and will accommodate M10 with lens attached and two additional lenses (at least) plus wallet, phone keys in external pocket.

As a bonus, it is available in 15 colour/material combinations (I have the grey canvas).

Cheers

J :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Melok melok ae ;) I suggest AA ACAM 1100 with old price ;) (the lightest of them all at 600g). It has handle to carry by hand, outer back pocket for paper, boarding pass etc plus front zipper pocket fits wallet, cellular, memory cards, filters, etc.

Plus side for me it doesn't scream camera bag.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2