I love my MP

• 3 weeks later...

My MP.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Has anyone recently received their brand new MP, and if so, how long did it take to arrive from the date it was ordered? Nearly 8 weeks later my MP still hasn't arrived, though I have thankfully borrowed an M6 ttl

See post #2704 - just over nine weeks. Patience, dear boy, patience! ;)

Has anyone recently received their brand new MP, and if so, how long did it take to arrive from the date it was ordered? Nearly 8 weeks later my MP still hasn't arrived, though I have thankfully borrowed an M6 ttl

Mine took about three months.

MPs and M7s are made in batches. If you are lucky and get into the end of one batch delivery can by quite quick. If you're not so lucky you might have to wait until the next batch is built. That's regardless of alc. Leica don't hold stock any more.

• Like 1

Mine took about 6 weeks from memory. 3 months isn't unusual if you hit the batches at the wrong time.

Your dealer should be able to let you know when yours is likely to be made. Mine did. Mine actually came quicker than I was advised. I was told to expect 2-3 months.

• Like 1

Mine has just started to brass after about 15 months of use :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by andybarton
  • Like 1

MPs and M7s are made in batches. If you are lucky and get into the end of one batch delivery can by quite quick. If you're not so lucky you might have to wait until the next batch is built. That's regardless of alc. Leica don't hold stock any more.

Andy, I recall you also mentioned in a previous post that MPs are made in batches, and I was certain of this until last week when a member of Stephens staff said they are made to order, though batch production seems more plausible to me.

My MP will arrive when it arrives, I guess.