NYC Snow Blizzard Photographs

A miller

Wall Street

Portra 400

M7, 28 elmarit pre-asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Ha ha, good memory, Stuart.  This particular lady was actually angry at the weather, motoring through it and cursing all the way down the street.

You brought up a great memory, though, of this guy that we encountered one summer morning in Times Square.  A total "hit and run"  - I felt so violated!  :lol:  : 

I hadn't seen this one before, and I have often wondered what you did when it wasn't snowing. Love this one, but sorry if the guy was violent as there is no need for that under any circumstances. Unusual to see b&w from you.

Gerry

• Like 1

Thanks, Gerry :)

Really nice Adam.

Gerry

Yes, this is from my old digital days :)  I had a Monochrom for a year and after 11,000 exposures decided that it was a hunk of junk for my purposes.  I only have a few keepers from my MM, and this is not one of them!

I hadn't seen this one before, and I have often wondered what you did when it wasn't snowing. Love this one, but sorry if the guy was violent as there is no need for that under any circumstances. Unusual to see b&w from you.

Gerry

Lower Manhattan

Portra 400

• Like 5

Gerry -

The angles thing is an entrance to The Oculus, and is a transportation center for New York subways and the PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) trains to New Jersey, as well as several levels of shops and restaurants.  They built this in part of the area devastated by the World Trade Center attack.  Just behind it is the new Liberty Tower, also called World Trade Center.  The reflection which Adam caught and incorporated so masterfully tricks the eye.  To perceive the buildings better block the reflection with your hand.

• Like 2

Sincere thanks, Gerry.  Stuart answered your question as well as anyone.  You should come and visit!!

I love the reds which are perfectly positioned in this - one of the very best. What is the ghost-like building in the background?

Gerry

Thanks, Stuart.  Let me know the next time you are downtown...

Gerry -

The angles thing is an entrance to The Oculus, and is a transportation center for New York subways and the PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) trains to New Jersey, as well as several levels of shops and restaurants.  They built this in part of the area devastated by the World Trade Center attack.  Just behind it is the new Liberty Tower, also called World Trade Center.  The reflection which Adam caught and incorporated so masterfully tricks the eye.  To perceive the buildings better block the reflection with your hand.

Sincere thanks, Gerry.  Stuart answered your question as well as anyone.  You should come and visit!!

Thanks, Stuart.  Let me know the next time you are downtown...

I would love to visit again, and have been briefly to NYC a couple of times, once to do a lecture on Long Island. Unfortunately I think the US is now not an option for me because of the problem I would probably have with travel insurance, although I haven't specifically looked into yet. I have many friends on the eastern seaboard so a trip would be most enjoyable.

Gerry

Congratulations on this inspiring series, Adam, wonderful snaps, never saw an urban snowmageddon captured so beautifully. Personally I like the ones shot on Porta best. - Btw, which flash are you using on the M7 and which gloves  :) ?

- Mark

• Like 1

Congratulations on this inspiring series, Adam, wonderful snaps, never saw an urban snowmageddon captured so beautifully. Personally I like the ones shot on Porta best. - Btw, which flash are you using on the M7 and which gloves  :) ?

- Mark

Thanks, Mark.  I really appreciate your careful look :)  I am also a big fan of the color film photos from this series.  It is so unique!  I use the SF-24D, which is somewhat crude but does the job.  And you are right - gloves are very important!  This season I picked up a pair of these thick mittens with removal fingers.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VR4NI0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work great!

• Like 1

Portra 400 

• Like 11