Your Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) Pictures (10mm to 21mm)

hiepphotog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found a used SEM 21mm at a reasonable price today. Excellent condition, but shabby box & papers and no lens cap - the latter was easily sorted.

This is my first venture into the UWA realm: so, some standard locations and shots.

attachicon.gifLondon - 21mm lens check 08-10-16 -01.jpg

Good work, Paul. Fun times ahead...

• Like 1

Wallfahrtskirche Schönenberg, Ellwangen, Germany (16mm Tri-Elmar)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Standoff

M240+ SEM 21mm

• Like 11

Fenland landscape.

M240+SEM21mm

(OK, maybe I have over-dramatised it a bit in SilverEfex  :) )

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why photograph a blank brick wall to test a lens when you have one as beautiful as this near you? (Just up the road in Kings Lynn)

M240 + SEM21mm

• Like 10

Looks like you're enjoying the new addition, Paul. Good to see.

I found this building two years ago, and couldn't photograph it then with my widest lens, 28mm, without falling into the sea. So it had to be one of my first stops with a 21mm: it's a beautiful building, just a bit shabbier than last time.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

I found this building two years ago, and couldn't photograph it then with my widest lens, 28mm, without falling into the sea. So it had to be one of my first stops with a 21mm: it's a beautiful building, just a bit shabbier than last time.

So your SEM saved your life by preventing you from drowning. I may test this anecdote out in the Finance Controller for my next bout of GAS.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this one, not sure whether I posted it before.

HMS Warrior in Portsmouth using the Super-Elmar 18

• Like 4

Paul,

Leica M262 with 18mm SEM lens and "Frankenfinder"

Woodhead - South Yorkshire, UK.

Picture taken yesterday as part of  a "Northern Powerhouse" story on the feasibility of re-opening the Woodhead railway line between Sheffield and Manchester.

The two tunnels in the background are the original Victorian railway route and the newer concrete one was constructed in 1954 under a nationalised British Railways when the line had a bright future. The tunnel, the longest in the UK,  is 3 1/2 miles long and passes under the hills from Woodhead to Dunsford Bridge. It was closed in 1981 and there is a movement to try and re-open it as an alternative to the HS2 route between these two major Northern Cities.

Reopening of the new tunnel is most unlikely, it is currently owned by National Grid who run high voltage cables through it. You probably noticed transmissions pylon nearby and overhead wires stretching in one direction only - away from the tunnel. Same story at Dunford Bridge at the opposite end of the tunnel.
  • Like 2

Canary Wharf

M240, CV 4/21

• Like 6

Arequipa, Peru, MM1 with CV 15mm, Mk III.

• Like 2

Speaking of which, the CV 5,6/12 is now available for pre-order. Anyone with any inside scoop on how this one behaves compared to the other 2 revised Voigtländer UWAs?

I have to wonder why they improved the 12mm when their 10mm is so very good. If I were god of the universe ( :)) I would discontinue the 12mm and 15mm, introduce a 10mm finder and call it done. As it is, I use a 12mm finder and it is just plain good.

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

"I walked as if for a wager, mile upon mile, until a turn brought me in view of "The Heights".     Emily Bronte   "Wuthering Heights"

This is "Top Withens Farm" on the lonely moors above Haworth, West Yorkshire.   "Wuthering Heights" the home of Mr Earnshaw, who brings the orphan Heathcliffe to live there  was based by Emily Bronte on Top Withens farmhouse.

Leica M9 with 21mm SEM.

Wonderful series, Paul. The Heights look decidedly wuthering. I'd be wuthered if I had to live there...

• Like 1

Thank you Eoin - it's like being part of Yorkshire. Hard to explain but I think the French have an expression for it and call it "Terroir".  It's being at one with the land that made us - on a "Yorkshire day" the clouds race across a glowering sky and the wind whistles across the lonely moors.

I get a similar sense when I return to my homeland, and being there takes on a deeper 'at one' sense, adding a dimension to the visual. Glowering skies do cause wuthering, though...

• Like 1