Wide angle adopter for leica q ?

I ultimately gave up. Tried:
1) unbranded amazon ones (didnt make it much wider to justify the cost when they were over $100)
2) fuji one vignettes
3) cant mount the sony one that was designed for sony 28mm as it requires special threading. I actually bought a thread converting piece, but before that arrived, I tried just hand-holding the adapter against the leica Q3 lens, and it had some vignette issue or something (I can't recall). Just didnt work so I returned it.
4) Ricoh GW-4. Could not focus correctly except for super close macro shots

Edited by nariza7
  • Like 1

For wider shots I would do panoramas set up on a tripod with nodal rail to get my really wide landscape shots (haven't tried it yet but used to do this with my Canon R5). Probably not an answer for people using compact style cameras for the convenience but given the lens quality this should produce fabulous images. Alternatively hand-held panoramas are easily achievable with post processing the way it is now. Just make sure to go fully manual and set your exposure to the brightest part of the image when/if you do.........

With 2 pictures, one can achieve a good pano already.

Here on a trip with Benny Rebel in 2015. Benny is the one with the yellow hat. I found these 2 pictures last week, they could be combined. They pair as a pano excellently.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ricoh GXR M-mount. Could be with the Summicron R 50mm probably or perhaps the Canon LTM 28mm.

Edited by jankap

7 minutes ago, jankap said:

With 2 pictures, one can achieve a good pano already.

Here on a trip with Benny Rebel in 2015. I found these 2 pictures being related, last week. They combine as a pano excellently.

Ricoh GXR M-mount. Could be with the Summicron 50mm or the Canon 28mm.

Yes I do a few few pano images, especially with bracketing for a HDR pan

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JTLeica:

Love that, I like how creative some people are. Really cool!

I don't like the barrel distortion. I could not change it in PS. This could be made better.😗

PS I mean the last pictures of the hotel floor in the RFF forum examples.

Edited by jankap

22 minutes ago, JTLeica said:

Yes I do a few few pano images, especially with bracketing for a HDR pan

If you try and take double the images for the same pan, overlapping a lot, then manually crop the left and right quarter of each image so you are left with a 6x2 portrait image, then merge, maybe most distortion will be gone, a faff though.

• Like 1

vor 16 Minuten schrieb JTLeica:

If you try and take double the images for the same pan, overlapping a lot, then manually crop the left and right quarter of each image so you are left with a 6x2 portrait image, then merge, maybe most distortion will be gone, a faff though.

Do you work with PhotoShop?

PhotoShop can do the merging for you.

4 minutes ago, jankap said:

Do you work with PhotoShop?

PhotoShop can do the merging for you.

Yes I just meant that cropping out the 'distortion' manually then auto blending in PS or LR or ACR is a bit of a faff. I only use photoshop, and find actually that the ACR is the better HDR/Panorama software, photoshop itself isnt actually that good.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've pretty much stuck with a 2 camera system where one is a wide angle one for family video/selfies. Couldnt get the Q to take over wide angle shots. Please let me know if anyone finds a workaround for a wide angled Q though.