Summilux 28 now out!

matlep

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilson, the best would be to take a picture at f/4 with the focus at f/2 and another with the focus at f/4. I'm quite sure of this behavior because Lloyd Chamber got the same thing on his copy. The shift is minor though so unless you have a side-by-side comparison, you might not notice it.

I did pretty much this as far as you can with the EVF, by focusing at very carefully f4 and setting focusing point on a diagonal rough stone wall pretty much so that the peaking fields are split 50/50 behind and in front of selected point and then opening up to f2 to see if the narrower and less distinct peaking fields are still split 50/50, which they were. If I have time tomorrow I will get out the Nikon charts and run some proper tests to determine how much aperture shift there is. Apart from a CV Nokton 35/1.2 , I seem to have been very lucky on lenses aperture shifting. My 35/1.4 ASPH, a lens notorious for aperture shift, hardly displays any and it is well within the DOF/COC, so in effect, able to be ignored. Given my bad luck recently on new Leica lenses being out of adjustment, I am due some luck to balance things out.  :rolleyes:

Wilson