Leica Upgrade program for M9 ( corrosion of sensor)

can someone give more information on the trade up offer?

I read in another forum, someone in Singapore traded in his 2 year old ME for the M240. He got about 65% of the original price he paid for the ME. Of course, he had to top up. According to him, each trade-in will be based on the age and condition of the camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a European factory. Over here the linking of guaranty to first ownership is highly unusual if not illegal..

It's well understood that it's a European factory. I have an atlas. And I grew up in France. :)

But I simply asked about secondary or tertiary ownership as it's not so clear to the rest of the world who deal with their country's Leica importers. Warranty laws are different under different jurisdictions. Leica NJ does not 'officially' extend the warranty to second owners. So it would be nice to understand if one lives outside the EU, whether the service applies to everyone with their local importer or does the camera need to be sent directly to Wetzlar CS. I guess I'll make the assumption that this goodwill will be extended to any current owner of any afflicted camera and that it's a Leica worldwide offer.

It's well understood that it's a European factory. I have an atlas. And I grew up in France. :)

But I simply asked about secondary or tertiary ownership as it's not so clear to the rest of the world who deal with their country's Leica importers. Warranty laws are different under different jurisdictions. Leica NJ does not 'officially' extend the warranty to second owners. So it would be nice to understand if one lives outside the EU, whether the service applies to everyone with their local importer or does the camera need to be sent directly to Wetzlar CS. I guess I'll make the assumption that this goodwill will be extended to any current owner of any afflicted camera and that it's a Leica worldwide offer.

I would ask Leica NJ whether they follow the just announced Leica Germany policy.

If not I would ask Leica Germany for guidance.

First by email, followed up by a phone call a couple of days later.

• Like 1

...I simply asked about secondary or tertiary ownership as it's not so clear to the rest of the world who deal with their country's Leica importers. ...

It's a warranty by Leica Camera AG and there is no reason to fear that it might be restricted to first owners. There are precedents such as the Digilux 2 sensor and the M8 IR cut filters.

dimenticavo di chiedere:

nel caso voglia far sostituire il sensore alla ME , mi devo rivolgere al mio rivenditore o devo spedire personalmente a Leica ?

First I would have it checked out for damage by your dealer. Leica will not replace an unharmedsensor. Your dealer is the one who should advise you on this.

sono contento che leica faccia questo .

adesso per me è capire se conviene passare a m240 .

dipende da quanto viene valutata la mia ME comprata nel 2013 !!

Personally, unless you intended buying an 240 in the first place, I would keep on using my ME.

• Like 1

This is the sort of statement that creates customers "for life". Consider me one.

This is a remarkable outcome and one that represents nothing less than a marque par excellence, deserving of the highest recommendation and trust.

You should read the bashers on RFF...:rolleyes:. :eek: