Quite unhappy customer

JHAG

• 2 weeks later...

Story continues.

Leica has to destroy the crocodile skin I had professionnally applied by Leica Lisse, Leica dealer in The Netherlands. That skin costs 350 USD. Leica needs to destroy it, all this on a brand new camera that should NOT have a faulty sensor out of the box on the first place. Really pissed off now…:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by JHAG

Story continues.

Leica has to destroy the crocodile skin I had professionnally applied by Leica Lisse, Leica dealer in The Netherlands. That skin costs 350 USD. Leica needs to destroy it, all this on a brand new camera that should NOT have a faulty sensor out of the box on the first place. Really pissed off now…:mad::mad::mad:

I can understand your frustration, but leatherettes are destroyed and replaced every time a camera is serviced, from my understanding. Why would you use crocodile skin on a camera anyway?

• Like 2

I can understand your frustration, but leatherettes are destroyed and replaced every time a camera is serviced, from my understanding. Why would you use crocodile skin on a camera anyway?

False : Leica dealer who properly installed the new skin removed professionnally the Leica leatherette and gave it back to me : it's like new. If one wants to do things properly, it can be done properly.

Why a skin ? Because I develop strong rashes by simple contact with some plastics…

But it will still be stretched here and there and have a less-than-perfect fit, to put it mildly, reason that Leica CS will not return it.

Will van Manen (who does such things for Henny Hoogeveen as far as I am aware), just confirmed that to me. Leather will come of completely destroyed.

Edited by jaapv

That's a very unfortunate incident, but honestly, to be expected.

Leica will replace the leatherette every time the camera is serviced, that's a known fact.

It would have been a good idea to write a note to CS to be extra careful with the leather skin.

Most of my cameras are reskinned. Leica CS is apologetic to the point of throwing in courtesy A-La-Carte skin sometimes when opening up one of them, but assures me that it is completely impossible to reuse old ones.

Having recovered more than half a dozen cameras myself, I would call that accurate. It is even rare to remove a skin in one piece.

No.

I insisted so much finally a more seasoned techician found a way to adjust sensor without touching skin.

When you want and try, you succeed.

Completely impossible. See Mark Norton's anatomy thread. More likely the sensor did not need adjusting after all, and all adjustments were made to the rangefinder mechanism.

Completely impossible. See Mark Norton's anatomy thread. More likely the sensor did not need adjusting after all, and all adjustments were made to the rangefinder mechanism.

No. That's not what they did.

• 1 month later...

New episode : after all, the line on sensor has never been properly repaired. It's back again, on pictures taken in quite "normal" lighting (no front lighting, no low lighting, just plain daylight).

And Leica overcharged the general bill for fixing 2 other bodies and 2 other cameras by 340 euros : 1170 euros paid when their estimate signed was for 770 euros. After I called them quite incensed, they promptly refunded the overcharge. Quite unfortunate, to say the least.

Anyway, the camera has to go back to Wetzlar for the second time in 6 weeks. :mad:

Edited by JHAG
  • Like 1

For Leica, this is a repaired sensor on a brand new camera.

:D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

and what happened to the croco skin?

They left it intact : now I know why…:D

I mailed to Andreas Kaufmann and he replied instantly.

That's more what Leica should be about.

Edited by JHAG