M-P, repeating the "upgrade" scenario

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I recently acquired a barely used Sony RX-1 that I've been shooting with. Quite an impressive camera and for only $1300! I'm kind of hoping that the new M will just blow me away haha, but I'm definitely hoping for it to be faster in terms of start up, maybe even better ISO performance in low light, maybe an even better sensor that can somehow wrangle out even more detail, and cleaning up of the video mode to the point where I'd even consider using it over a a new iPhone. :D

Don't get me wrong... the 240 is already making me want one... but I'm hoping a "short" wait will pay off since the RX-1 is holding me over for now.

I am not one for Video in general - but it sure is a blessing to intersperse wildlife photography with high quality video footage of animal behaviour using a 400 mm lens....I fear the iPhone is not quite the thing in that case....Not to mention the inability to pull focus on it.

it sure is a blessing to intersperse wildlife photography with high quality video footage of animal behaviour using a 400 mm lens....I fear the iPhone is not quite the thing in that case....

You never know...

http://www.ronald.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/iphone_400mm.jpg

:p