New Leica M-P

benedict297

Are we talking about the MP or the M-P? Not that the nomenclature could cause any confusion, of course. Yet, still, I can't see where an SD card might logically fit an MP, nor Tri-X into an M-P. But perhaps that's just me...

...Mike

Was referring to the MP (type 240) new one. Looks real good in real life

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just saw the real version. Rest assured, the screw is NOT as ugly as you think from the pics

Yes ...... on the silver chrome you don't even notice it ......

The M-P looks and feels very industrial and retro....... completely inconspicuous and if there ever was a camera that belies its value and understates its abilities, this is it......:rolleyes:

Traded a couple of M9's and got a very fair deal and am very happy .....

• Like 1

^:D I always wanted to get a pair of identical twins wearing identical clothing to stand next to one another on the street, one with a black Leica and the other with a chrome one, and see if any passers-by are like "Wow, look at those twins...one of them has a camera and is taking pictures, but what's that black thing in front of his brother's face?"

• Like 1

I think the red dot on the M240 looks great and prefer it greatly over the redesign of the M-P

I cannot disagree more.

The red dot is the worst thing that happened to the Leica M serie.

The M-P is what the M should have been from the beginning.

Lucien

• Like 4

I thought and still think the M240 is kinda ugly. Especially next to my Monochrom and compared to the M8.2 that I used to own. And I looked forward to the M-P as I thought it would fix the uglyness of the M240 and make it as nice as the M9-P. I was ready to spend some money on upgrading.

But somehow the M-P has become uglier than the M240. Totally unexpected but it just seems a bit toy-like with the exagerated big screw and the missing window. Weird how small differences can make or break a design.

I don't think the M240 is ugly by any stretch; it is a nice looking camera to my eye. The all black M-P is even more attractive - it is a beauty (even with "The Screw"). If you want to see a truly fugly camera, here you go: http://www.hasselblad-lunar.com/limited-edition.aspx

My only bone of contention with my M240 in terms of appearance is the logo. In every Leica ad or photograph I have seen anywhere and everywhere, the M240 logo is Leica Red - as in Ferrari red, bright red.

The logo on my particular M240 is most decidedly not Leica Red. The only way I can describe it is as a muted (or dusty) orange-red. It is not the color of any Leica red dot logo I have ever seen on any other Leica camera, M240 or otherwise. The "red" dot on the battery charger that came with my M240 is the same color of muted orange-red.

I find this off color logo on my M240 and battery charger truly baffling. Why it is not Leica Red is beyond me.

I'm not mad at Leica over this per se; I'm just trying to understand this anomaly on my particular M240... :confused:

Edited by Carlos Danger

99% of the people I see on the street are too busy staring at their smartphones to notice me or my camera.

Where do you live? Must be nice to have normal facial discussions where you are. Here I believe the number is just about 100%.

As to ugly or not, how about taking out your ugly camera and capture some beautiful images. Or how about taking your beautiful camera and capture some ugly images. You have to love this site.

Edited by algrove