New Leica

Hello all.....

I am eagerly awaiting the De-Lux 109 as after many years this will be my first Leica Camera, I do hope it is as good as the specs say it will be. I'm personally not interested in pixel peeping and if the camera produces images anywhere near the quality of those shown by Dr Photo earlier in this thread I will be delighted

Can't wait :-)

Hello all.....

I am eagerly awaiting the De-Lux 109 as after many years this will be my first Leica Camera, I do hope it is as good as the specs say it will be. I'm personally not interested in pixel peeping and if the camera produces images anywhere near the quality of those shown by Dr Photo earlier in this thread I will be delighted

Can't wait :-)

hello paul

the *new D-Lux* is the D-Lux 6 surpass in terms of image quality. *sean reid, photographer. full review D-Lux (109) - date 2014.10.10.

.....it is the most capable D-Lux camera I've ever used ..... a better and more versatile camera than any D-Lux that has come before it.

much fun with the new D-Lux (109)

kind regards

klaus-michael - mike -

Edited by kmhb
  • Like 1

Anyone have an idea whether the new D-LUX will have a stepped zoom?

Ric

the new D-Lux (109) have also a step-zoom modus*. step position 24mm / 28mm / 35mm / 50m / 70mm and 75mm. (*instruction for use page 174)

the step-zoom position in the i-zoom modus, I don't know.

(D-Lux 6 24mm - 90mm, use the i-zoom the step-zoom position = 135mm and 180mm)

the step-zoom can using with the "control-ring" or with the "zoom lever".

regards, klaus-michael

Yes, it is.

Based on what Panny wrote on their instruction booklet:

You can set the zoom operation to allow easy visualization of the angle of view (picture

angle) for the focal length of a regular fixed focal length lens (as with a 35 mm film

camera). When using the [step Zoom], you can operate the zoom ratio as easily as

changing the camera lens.

unquote

Furthermore one can accomplish zoom operation by assigning the [Zoom] setting to the control ring. Not bad, Panny, really!

Cheers,

Bruno

• Like 1

Excerpts from the German, English and French Leica sites:

« Die neue Leica D-Lux wird mit der professionellen Bild- und Videoverarbeitungssoftware Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® geliefert. Damit erschließen Sie außergewöhnliche, kreative Freiheiten für die Bearbeitung Ihrer Fotos und Videos. Diese Software ist für die „Entwicklung“ von RAW-Dateien optimiert, wie sie vom CMOS-Sensor in der D-Lux erzeugt werden. Sämtliche Parameter lassen sich bei der Bildbearbeitung präzise nachjustieren. »

« The new Leica D-Lux is supplied with the professional still picture and video processing software, Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®, offering exceptional creative freedom in image manipulation. It optimally ‘develops’ the RAW image files from the CMOS sensor of the D-Lux in the best possible quality. All parameters can be refined in post-processing. »

« Le nouveau Leica D-Lux est fourni avec le logiciel professionnel de traitement photo et vidéo, Adobe ® Photoshop ® Lightroom ® 4, offrant une liberté créative exceptionnelle dans le traitement de l'image. Il développe optimalement les fichiers DNG du capteur CMOS du D-Lux dans la meilleure qualité possible. Tous les paramètres peuvent être affinés en post-production. »

Excerpts from the German, English and French Leica sites:

« Die neue Leica D-Lux wird mit der professionellen Bild- und Videoverarbeitungssoftware Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® geliefert. Damit erschließen Sie außergewöhnliche, kreative Freiheiten für die Bearbeitung Ihrer Fotos und Videos. Diese Software ist für die „Entwicklung“ von RAW-Dateien optimiert, wie sie vom CMOS-Sensor in der D-Lux erzeugt werden. Sämtliche Parameter lassen sich bei der Bildbearbeitung präzise nachjustieren. »

« The new Leica D-Lux is supplied with the professional still picture and video processing software, Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®, offering exceptional creative freedom in image manipulation. It optimally ‘develops’ the RAW image files from the CMOS sensor of the D-Lux in the best possible quality. All parameters can be refined in post-processing. »

« Le nouveau Leica D-Lux est fourni avec le logiciel professionnel de traitement photo et vidéo, Adobe ® Photoshop ® Lightroom ® 4, offrant une liberté créative exceptionnelle dans le traitement de l'image. Il développe optimalement les fichiers DNG du capteur CMOS du D-Lux dans la meilleure qualité possible. Tous les paramètres peuvent être affinés en post-production. »

What does this say? Nobody knows or?

The Italian site doesn't refer to DNG either:

« La nuova Leica D-Lux è dotata del software per il trattamento professionale di fotografie e video Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4, che offre eccezionale libertà creativa nella manipolazione delle immagini. È in grado di "sviluppare" in modo ottimale i file RAW del sensore CMOS della D-Lux con la migliore qualità possibile. Tutti i parametri si possono affinare in postproduzione. »

I'd be the first to rejoice if this proved true but so far all RAW files freely available for download from the web are invariably RW2. Afraid this means something.

Cheers,

Bruno

Why no information from Leica. They should know by now:confused: