I love my M7...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Naturally, I am loving my M7 with the 35mm f/2 Summicron. My efforts are v average and the camera clearly demands we up our game, but it's a v rewarding process. It's just a pleasure to use.

Here's one of my son with his Leica Sofort camera earlier this year - shot on Kodak Portra. You have to keep the next generation in with the Leica name!  ;)

One more...

Congrats for your M7 .... and Sofort for your son :)

but I prefer M7 :)

The color seems very nice and vivid . What film ?

Good photos with one of the best analog Leica camera in the world

with his Summicron 35

Regards

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 2

As you inspire me recent pictures taken at Gent (Belgium) with the 35 Summicron Asph

Kodak Portra 160-M7-Summicron 35 Asph

Portra dev myself in Tetenal

Nikon Coolscan 5000

lens open at f/5.6

Gravenstein Castle the door

August 2017

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Canal in Gent , open f/8

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

Still love mine after 5+ years with it.

Tri-x with a 35 lux asph (but my laziness presents the low quality lab scan below)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Brand new M7 owner. I looked in all the usual spots for months, but could not find one with the features I wanted. Seems that silver M7's with the 0.85 are scarce in the US (or everyone keeps them!), so I figured I'd have to eventually source one from Japan. I finally found a very lightly used (looks new in every way) silver chrome M7 with the updated 0.85 MP finder. Cherry on top was that the guy was hot to sell it to fund an A7Riii, and I got it for a bargain price with the original box, papers, strap, etc. Super happy!

I decided to go for the VM Nokton 501.5 in chrome to complete the ensemble. Took it out last weekend for a walk through Williamsburg, the Williamsburg Bridge, China Town and the Manhattan Bridge. Such a pleasure to shoot with a "Leica". Feels great in the hand and the "snick" of the shutter is intoxicating. My dad was a Leica enthusiast, and now I know why.

A few images of the new family member. (You buy a Leica to take pictures OF it, right? haha)

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

• Like 18

Brand new M7 owner. I looked in all the usual spots for months, but could not find one with the features I wanted. Seems that silver M7's with the 0.85 are scarce in the US (or everyone keeps them!), so I figured I'd have to eventually source one from Japan. I finally found a very lightly used (looks new in every way) silver chrome M7 with the updated 0.85 MP finder. Cherry on top was that the guy was hot to sell it to fund an A7Riii, and I got it for a bargain price with the original box, papers, strap, etc. Super happy!

I decided to go for the VM Nokton 501.5 in chrome to complete the ensemble. Took it out last weekend for a walk through Williamsburg, the Williamsburg Bridge, China Town and the Manhattan Bridge. Such a pleasure to shoot with a "Leica". Feels great in the hand and the "snick" of the shutter is intoxicating. My dad was a Leica enthusiast, and now I know why.

A few images of the new family member. (You buy a Leica to take pictures OF it, right? haha)

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Congrats !!

She is spotless :)

Enjoy every moment 

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

DSC00784.jpg

Congratulations for your new companion

Hope you enjoy every moment for framing and taking time to compose the great diffrence with digital

I am not now impotent photographer since I shoot film 

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2015/03/03/digital-cameras-creating-impotent-photographers/

and please post and share your M7 pictures in this thread

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-2210

Thank you

Best

Henry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Nice shots of your M7 combo and of course WELCOME!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the nice replies! I've been trying to enjoy my new friend, but work has been busy this past month, so it's been tough. Grrrr.

I was able to put a few rolls of CineStill film through the M7 last weekend. Great stuff. My favorite film ever.

Some photos here: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/280381-cinestill-film-in-brooklyn-and-nyc/

And here: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/?p=3428866

Edited by Activatedfx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I owned an M7 for 4-5 years back in the last decade.  Put a lot of Kodachrome through it before that film ended.  It worked flawless even though a chip of the chrome got bumped off.  Nice camera.  In fact, my favorite Ms seem to be the odd numbered -- M3, M5, M7 … don't think I'd like an M1 though. There goes that theory.

• Like 2

Got mine today !! Question, dear M7 sisters and brothers, is the ISO adjust dial meant to be so stiff ? It's almost impossible to move.

Does it loosen up with age ?

It is natural stiff in my experience. Maybe to prevent the user accidentally shifting it during use. It is similar on my M6's as well. View it as a 'good' problem.

• Like 2

Got mine today !! Question, dear M7 sisters and brothers, is the ISO adjust dial meant to be so stiff ? It's almost impossible to move.

Does it loosen up with age ?

It is natural stiff in my experience. Maybe to prevent the user accidentally shifting it during use. It is similar on my M6's as well. View it as a 'good' problem.

John , turn  with a latex finger cot (pharmacy sale) or cut a round with used bicycle tube rubber

put on the M7 disk and it turns

Best

Henry

• Like 1

John , turn  with a latex finger cot (pharmacy sale) or cut a round with used bicycle tube rubber

put on the M7 disk and it turns

Best

Henry

Thanks Doc. However it always perplexes (and amuses) me how we, the Leica Faithful, are willing to put up with design flaws in very expensive gear. I've just spent 3600 Pounds (5000 US  4000 Euro) on a brand new camera and I can't turn a plastic dial on it !! That's the charm I guess. 

• Like 1

Thanks Doc. However it always perplexes (and amuses) me how we, the Leica Faithful, are willing to put up with design flaws in very expensive gear. I've just spent 3600 Pounds (5000 US  4000 Euro) on a brand new camera and I can't turn a plastic dial on it !! That's the charm I guess. 

It is subjective how difficult it is of course. I believe all my M's (4) are stiff but I would consider it much more disastrous if they moved while I handled the camera.  I have always been able to move the indicators, but it required very deliberate intent. I think that is good. Try and compare yours with  another camera. Either a friend or one in a camera store, to make you feel more comfortable about it.

• Like 3

I had a discussion here a couple of years ago about the sheer difficulty of turning the central part of the ISO dial. The advice received was to use the middle part of the ball of your thumb to turn it.  Problem solved!

Edited by Keith (M)
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...